Yahoo has become the latest company to abandon customers who bought tracks from its music store encoded with DRM (digital rights management), drawing fire from the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
Home Entertainment - News
The UK Government, the recording and film industry, and six of the UK's biggest ISPs are collaborating to fight illegal file sharing.
GoConnect Limited (ASX:GCN) Thursday announced it was partnering with QSoft Consulting Limited to launch an Internet radio service catering to the gay community.
Singapore Telecommunications Limited (ASX:SGT) has signed a deal with three major television studios to allow the company's mio TV service to screen over 50 US shows as little as 24 hours after their US premiere.
The Australian Broadcasting Corporation has launched a new on-demand Internet broadcasting service.
iLike, a social music discovery service, is celebrating it has surpassed 30 million registered users today by offering a new feature: full-length song playback via Rhapsody.
A new kind of malicious software could pose a danger to Windows users who download music files on peer-to-peer networks.
A new cinema complex opens in downtown Tokyo this weekend but the screens won't be the only thing drawing the attention of customers. The Piccadilly cinema in Tokyo's Shinjuku district is the first place in the world that people can see Sharp's monst...
Two Sydney men accused of being members of an alleged syndicate producing illegal pay TV cards will face court today.
At E3 Tuesday, Nintendo gave a real-time demo of long-rumored title Wii Music, which will feature gesture-controlled instruments and the new Wii MotionPlus attachment.
Apple patched 13 vulnerabilities in the iPhone and iPod touch last Friday, including several it had fixed in Mac OS X or the Safari Web browser as long ago as March.
IBM's India Research Laboratory (IRL) has developed technology that automatically detects and masks sensitive information in audio recordings.
DreamWorks Animation SKG is pushing Advanced Micro Devices aside to team up with chipmaker rival Intel to make the big transition to 3-D animated films next year.
Sharp is showcasing its upcoming range of environmentally conscious consumer electronics at the Hokkaido Tokayo G8 Summit, including an LCD TV which uses a quarter of the power of a conventional CRT TV.
Virgin Media sent 800 UK customers letters warning them about participating in illegal file sharing.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plex embraces Kodi as Plex Media Player becomes available to all
- 'Google Cast' is being phased out in favor of Chromecast for connected TVs and speakers
- PlayStation Vue is now available on Apple TV
- Apple's new TV app puts all the shows and movies you want to watch in one spot
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTChange ManagerSA
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperWA
- CCData Surveyor, Data Analyst, Electrical backgroundNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperSA
- TPChange ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperVIC
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- TPBusiness Solutions Analyst - Legacy SystemQLD
- CCSenior Financial PlannerNSW
- CCLevel 1 Help Desk - Immediate Start!QLD
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterVIC