Two powerful video on demand companies may be planning an incursion into the Australian market, posing a threat to Foxtel Play, Quickflix and local television networks’ catch-up services.
Google has made its new Play Music All Access subscription music service available in Australia, following a worldwide launch back in May.
Origin Smart Energy Monitor allows users to keep an eye on consumption, but only in Victoria for now
Origin Energy today announced the availability of a Smart Energy Monitor for its customers in Victoria. The Smart Energy Monitor is a device that works with ZigBee wireless technology, and it can give users a real-time view of energy consumption for ...
Bush Australia is expanding its range of retro digital audio products with the addition of the Heritage, a DAB+ digital radio.
Bose has today unveiled two new portable audio products designed for devices like smartphones and tablets, including the company's first set of in-ear active noise cancelling headphones.
Apple has just announced that 100 million iPod touch units have been sold since the first model launched in 2007.
Samsung is going all-out in its push into Australian homes, launching a swathe of home audio products to sell alongside its 2013 TV line-up. The company is introducing new home theatre systems, increasing the number of soundbars that it will sell, an...
Following months of fevered rumor and speculation, Microsoft finally took the veil off the Xbox One, a console that furthers Redmond's efforts to take over your entire living room experience. The new system will come packaged with an updated version ...
Microsoft is making a big play for the living room with a new Xbox console that marries games with live TV, Internet browsing, music and Skype.
Tomorrow Microsoft will reveal the next generation of Xbox console. So we've taken a look at what to expect from the fabled Xbox 720.
Not one to be upstaged by fierce rival Samsung, LG has introduced a swathe of new TVs onto the Australian market for 2013. The company is doubling-down on two new technologies -- Ultra HD, and OLED -- and isn’t afraid of showing off its commitment.
Samsung has jam-packed the Galaxy S4 with fancy features, but there’s one that stands out in making the new handset attractive to anyone who’s looking to buy a new phone and a TV in the near future.
Australian video-on-demand service Quickflix will offer episodes of Game of Thrones for online streaming hours after they are broadcast in the US, after a deal was sealed with the show’s creator HBO.
You may not realise this when you first look at it, but Intel's Next Unit of Computing (or simply, NUC), is a powerful computer that's perfect for a huge range of exciting applications. It's a computer that is centered around an Intel Desktop motherb...
Warner Bros. Entertainment is planning to be the first distributor in Australia to release its Blu-ray and DVD movies and TV shows with a free bonus: the UltraViolet movie streaming and download service. Importantly, the cloud-based video streaming s...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 4K Blu-ray player debuts locally in May
- Report: Amazon wants to take on Spotify with a new music streaming service
- Apple is reportedly seeking exclusive content for the Apple TV
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia