Toshiba promoted its two technologies, Extended Detail Enhancement (XDE) and Resolution+, for turning standard definition content into high definition, at the IFA electronics show on Thursday.
Pushing new boundaries in LCD (liquid crystal display) TV size, Sony will launch later this year a set that's considerably thinner than others on the market, it said at the IFA electronics show in Berlin on Thursday.
Philips has introduced a technology called LED LUX, which promises black levels that rival the best plasma sets, at the IFA electronics show on Thursday.
Sharp has developed a new range of LCD (liquid crystal display) TVs that are thinner and have larger screens than its previous thinnest televisions.
Philips launched the CinemaOne for people who want a compact home theater, at the IFA electronics show on Thursday.
The future for consumer electronics looks bright and high oil prices will help the industry, according to Hans-Joachim Kamp, who spoke at IFA in Berlin on Wednesday.
Sony launched three new models of Walkman players on Thursday at the IFA electronics show in Berlin, including the new S-series that are the slimmest yet.
LG Electronics is on the verge of launching a new range of LCD (liquid crystal display) and plasma TV sets in Europe that feature Bluetooth wireless networking, the company said Wednesday at the IFA electronics show in Berlin.
Electronic program guide (EPG) provider IceTV has been granted special leave to appeal to the High Court of Australia against the recent decision made in favour of TV broadcaster Channel 9 by the Federal Court.
Apple looks set to launch a new thinner version of its iPod Nano, says Digg founder Kevin Rose.
Sony Ericsson has relaunched its mobile content store PlayNow, renaming it PlayNow Arena and promoting music without the DRM technology some stores use to prevent copying or sharing of songs.
Nvidia's Tegra system-on-chip will allow portable devices to play high-definition video for more than 10 hours, an engineer from the company told the Hot Chips conference on Monday.
A high-profile Warner Music executive has warned the games industry that the company is expecting a larger share of profits from the wildly popular 'rhythm' games such as Guitar Hero.
It is rumoured that Sony plans to drop the price of its standalone Blu-Ray players by US$100 next month.
Chinese authorities have blocked Apple's iTunes Music Store, apparently because 'more than 40' athletes have listened to protest songs by bands such as Rush and Alanis Morissette.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCProject DirectorWA
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT