Toshiba promoted its two technologies, Extended Detail Enhancement (XDE) and Resolution+, for turning standard definition content into high definition, at the IFA electronics show on Thursday.
Pushing new boundaries in LCD (liquid crystal display) TV size, Sony will launch later this year a set that's considerably thinner than others on the market, it said at the IFA electronics show in Berlin on Thursday.
Philips has introduced a technology called LED LUX, which promises black levels that rival the best plasma sets, at the IFA electronics show on Thursday.
Sharp has developed a new range of LCD (liquid crystal display) TVs that are thinner and have larger screens than its previous thinnest televisions.
Philips launched the CinemaOne for people who want a compact home theater, at the IFA electronics show on Thursday.
The future for consumer electronics looks bright and high oil prices will help the industry, according to Hans-Joachim Kamp, who spoke at IFA in Berlin on Wednesday.
Sony launched three new models of Walkman players on Thursday at the IFA electronics show in Berlin, including the new S-series that are the slimmest yet.
LG Electronics is on the verge of launching a new range of LCD (liquid crystal display) and plasma TV sets in Europe that feature Bluetooth wireless networking, the company said Wednesday at the IFA electronics show in Berlin.
Electronic program guide (EPG) provider IceTV has been granted special leave to appeal to the High Court of Australia against the recent decision made in favour of TV broadcaster Channel 9 by the Federal Court.
Apple looks set to launch a new thinner version of its iPod Nano, says Digg founder Kevin Rose.
Sony Ericsson has relaunched its mobile content store PlayNow, renaming it PlayNow Arena and promoting music without the DRM technology some stores use to prevent copying or sharing of songs.
Nvidia's Tegra system-on-chip will allow portable devices to play high-definition video for more than 10 hours, an engineer from the company told the Hot Chips conference on Monday.
A high-profile Warner Music executive has warned the games industry that the company is expecting a larger share of profits from the wildly popular 'rhythm' games such as Guitar Hero.
It is rumoured that Sony plans to drop the price of its standalone Blu-Ray players by US$100 next month.
Chinese authorities have blocked Apple's iTunes Music Store, apparently because 'more than 40' athletes have listened to protest songs by bands such as Rush and Alanis Morissette.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTGeospatial Support AnalystQLD
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW