Sony Thursday announced its HDV compact camcorder for professional creatives, the HVR-Z5E, as well as the memory recording unit, the HVR-MRC1K. The camcorder features a new fixed 'G Lens' system, native progressive recording capabilities, increased s...
Home Entertainment - News
Sony Creative Software has released two updates for its Vegas Pro video editing software. The 8.0c and 8.1 versions have the same functionality, with the former adding some new features to the program and the latter being the first 64-bit version of ...
Fun seems to be the message with this year’s webcam and communications launches from Microsoft at its Hardware Anywhere event. This week the software giant announced that it is not only releasing two new webcams but also launching a video messaging s...
The Adult Industry Association (AICO) has signed settlements worth over $1 million to its members in its piracy actions against Prestige Club Australasia (PCA) and Venus Adult Shops (Venus).
Apple's latest version of iTunes crashes Windows Vista when an iPod or iPhone is connected to the PC, scores of users have reported on Apple's support forum.
Research In Motion, typically considered an enterprise device developer, continues to push its consumer strategy with new services announced Thursday, including MySpace and Tivo applications and a music service for BlackBerry users.
Apple's self-proclaimed "funnest iPod ever," the iPod touch, launched with a new message and a slew of new games that put the portable device in direct competition with the DS and PSP.
Apple Tuesday patched 20 security vulnerabilities in its QuickTime media player, iTunes music store client, iPod touch device and Bonjour network software. More than half of the bugs could let hackers hijack computers or the iPod.
As anticipated, Apple has revamped its iPod music players and launched a new version of iTunes that includes a new community-based music recommendation feature. The company also promised to issue an iPhone update to solve the dropped call problems th...
Apple will refresh its iPod line this week at an event in San Francisco, but it's uncertain what, if anything else, it will spring on customers, analysts said Monday.
Amazon.com has rolled out a video on demand service that offers users ad-free movies and television shows on Macintoshes or PCs.
Sony is betting the PS3/Blu-Ray platform will be enough to drive sales for a full ten-year lifecycle, but don't tell that to Samsung. The South Korean maker of everything from TVs to Blu-Ray players thinks the HD disc format won't survive past five y...
Sharp is presenting an environmentally friendly way to watch television at this year's IFA electronics show in Berlin.
More and more consumer electronics products come equipped with DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) certification -- at the IFA electronics show new TV's, home theater systems, and computers all come with the DLNA stamp.
Toshiba is planning to bring the powerful Cell processor into consumer electronics and launch a TV based on the chip in the second half of 2009, it said Friday at the IFA electronics show in Berlin.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AirTV's slick marriage of Sling TV and OTA channels isn't in the product yet
- Here's what's coming next from Sling TV
- The guts of Onkyo's SBT-A500 sound bar come in an external box to give the speaker an ultra-low profile
- Plex embraces Kodi as Plex Media Player becomes available to all
- 'Google Cast' is being phased out in favor of Chromecast for connected TVs and speakers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Test Manager - CRMNSW
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- TPTechnical Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET CMS DeveloperWA
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - IT SolutionsNSW
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- TPTechnical Change AnalystQLD
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW