Up to six months worth of a Netflix subscription will be waived in front of potential Optus customers as an incentive for them to sign on with the carrier.
Home Entertainment - News
Rumors of Apple launching an all-you-can-stream music service are nothing new. Ever since the company acquired Beats Music in May 2014, speculation has been rife that it could use some of the underlying technology for a new service under its own bran...
Netflix announced today that it will begin operations in Australia and New Zealand on 24 March. The popular streaming service for movies and TV shows has been long awaited by Australian fans, who have taken to using VPN services in order to watch the...
Creative Labs has just announced the availability of a couple of new amplifier products for mobile devices and desktop computers that are designed for those of you who care about audio. It's a welcome return from the company that used to be front of ...
BitTorrent Inc. is taking on Amazon and Netflix in 2015 with its own original television content platform, dubbed BitTorrent Originals. The first programming to roll out under BitTorrent's banner will be Children of the Machine (COTM), a Sci-Fi telev...
The artificial wall between Xbox players and PC gamers will get torn down with Microsoft's upcoming Windows 10, which allows streaming of Xbox One games to PCs and even lets gamers on the two disparate platforms play together.
Netflix will shake up the Australian video-on-demand market when it launches in March of 2015,
Lenco PlayConnect is a small device that can turn your existing stereo system into a wireless Hi-Fi. The PlayConnect device simply attaches to your stereo system’s amplifier or receiver using an optical cable or analogue RCA cables, and it acts as th...
Braven likes to create speakers that can be used in all sorts of situations, but the company’s new Mira quite possibly takes the cake for versatility.
In a bid to spur the market for 4K television sets during the Christmas buying season, Sony is offering customers a portable USB hard drive that contains a selection of 4K movie titles, of which five can be accessed and viewed on your new TV. The thi...
If you own a Sonos multi-room audio system but have trouble with dead spots, Sonos has good news for you: The all-new Sonos Boost is a high-power signal amplifier that promises to extend the range of a proprietary Sonos network by 50 percent.
Bluesound aims to bring the high-resolution audio experience into your home with a wireless system that can scale from one room to many rooms. Think Sonos, but with higher quality sound reproduction for those of you who are more serious about your au...
Panasonic has resurrected its Technics brand, which was used for the company’s Hi-Fi audio gear, and much loved DJ gear, from 1965 until 2010. A note on the Technics.com Web site lists the brand as being ‘reborn’, and tells users that they can look f...
With a simple software upgrade, wireless audio pioneer Sonos is getting rid of the need for a Sonos Bridge. Instead, users will now be able to directly connect Sonos's multi-room wireless speakers to their Wi-Fi network.
A Game of Thrones exhibition was held in Sydney to celebrate the popularity of the HBO TV series on Google Play.
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- Google eyes remote content controls for parents in YouTube Kids app
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- TPTechnical ManagerNSW
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Application Developement and IntegrationQLD
- FTArcFM/Gis Lead DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTStorage Engineer (HDS)NSW
- FTSCOM Monitoring and Alerting SpecialistNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect - StorageVIC
- TPIT Business Analyst (UX Design)NSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- TPSystems ManagerQLD
- FTJunior Applications SupportSA
- FTProject Manager, FinanceNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperSA
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- FTLead Change Manager- Culture & Process ChangeNSW
- FTSenior Business Analysis - FinanceQLD
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- CCFrom Security Operations to Technical Business Analyst, make the move now!NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPTest AnalystNSW