Attorneys for Jammie Thomas-Rasset, a Minnesota mother of four slapped with a $1.92 million fine by a federal jury last month for illegally downloading 24 songs, have filed a request for a new trial.
Web video site Joost is restructuring, abandoning its hopes to be a successful ad-supported Web TV provider. Instead it will sell its video-serving technology to other media companies.
The Pirate Bay's new owners envision the site as the model for the next generation of file-sharing, where users can earn money by legally sharing content with others. In short, The Pirate Bay wants to pay you for file-sharing.
Sony introduced its Walkman portable cassette player thirty years ago this week, kicking off a revolution in the consumer electronics industry by changing the way people enjoy music.
The Australian Broadcasting Corporation switched on its digital radio services yesterday in Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and Sydney.
Dick Smith has released the results of an online survey that asked shoppers about their awareness of digital radio, which officially launched nationwide today. Sixty nine per cent of people polled were aware of what digital radio is; an increase of 3...
At a press event in Sydney today, Australian company Kogan revealed plans to release 19in and 22in LED TVs within the next two months.
Japan is threatening to complain to the World Trade Organization if South Korea goes through with reported plans to require certification for lithium ion batteries.
DreamWorks Animation is releasing all of its films in stereoscopic 3D, more than doubling the amount of data storage capacity required to store its movies.
A single mother who won a retrial after a US$220,000 verdict against her for sharing music files has now been ordered to pay $1.92 million by a jury in Minnesota.
Blu-ray may have won the war against HD-DVD, but American consumers aren't exactly warming to the high-definition disc format.
Sennheiser has released four new pairs of headphones, each featuring a striking design. The four models have been optimised for use with MP3 players, though they are also suited for use with a home entertainment system.
Sydney has become the fifth state capital in Australia to commence digital radio broadcasts
A new music download service to be launched by Virgin Media and Universal Music will let U.K. customers stream and download as many music tracks as they want for a single monthly subscription, the companies announced Monday.
LG Electronics has announced the launch of its LH50 LCD television, which uses a 200Hz refresh rate for high quality motion handling.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 4K Blu-ray player debuts locally in May
- Report: Amazon wants to take on Spotify with a new music streaming service
- Apple is reportedly seeking exclusive content for the Apple TV
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW