Toshiba has developed a graphical user interface for controlling devices such as media servers and audo equipment and shifting content around a home network.
Home Entertainment - News
For TV addicts it could be the ultimate remote control: a 7-inch portable touchscreen that can not only control gadgets in the living room but also check out and what's playing on channels other than the one currently showing on the big screen.
Toshiba showed its first Blu-ray Disc player and laptop computer on Thursday, less than a month after confirming it was putting the high-def disc format battle behind it by joining the Blu-ray Disc Association.
Sony will next year launch a television capable of showing 3D images, it said on Wednesday at the IFA electronics fair in Berlin. The TV will be the first step in what is expected to be a big push by the consumer electronics company to popularize 3D ...
If you listen to conventional wisdom you might think the traditional bedside clock radio was on its way out, since in many homes cell phones now rouse the sleeping from their beds. But a new gadget from Sony seeks to keep alarm clocks on the night ta...
Ever want to blog about that crazy episode of True Blood or how dark and twisty Meredith is on Grey's Anatomy ?
More than half of all Australian households have completed the switch to digital television, according to Senator Stephen Conroy, the Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy.
Taiwan's largest telecommunications service provider, Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), has teamed up with Microsoft, smartphone maker High Tech Computer (HTC) and others to start building an e-book business for Chinese language materials.
RealNetworks may have lost its bid to sell software that lets people copy DVD movies to their computer hard drive after a ruling on Tuesday.
Sony Australia today announced the release of three new Blu-ray players: the BDP-S360, BDP-S560 and BDP-S760.
Apple is reportedly working on an overhaul of iTunes that will include social networking tools that will allow you to broadcast and share music to friends.
Ever wish your BitTorrent client could automatically download new episodes of your favorite TV shows? That's the idea behind ShowRSS, a site that turns TV shows into RSS feeds.
Nearly two thirds of 14 to 24 year olds illegally download music over peer-to-peer (p2p) networks, says UK Music.
Toshiba is planning to launch players and laptops with support for Blu-ray Disc later this year, it said Monday. The company was the primary backer of the HD DVD optical-disc format that had been battling Blu-ray Disc until last year.
Running out of power while on the road is something every gadget user has to deal with at sometime or another, but a new portable solar charging system from Sanyo Electric could help in such situations.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AirTV's slick marriage of Sling TV and OTA channels isn't in the product yet
- Here's what's coming next from Sling TV
- The guts of Onkyo's SBT-A500 sound bar come in an external box to give the speaker an ultra-low profile
- Plex embraces Kodi as Plex Media Player becomes available to all
- 'Google Cast' is being phased out in favor of Chromecast for connected TVs and speakers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- FTSystem EngineerVIC
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- CCApplication AnalystACT
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - IT SolutionsNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCChange and Communications AnalystQLD
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- TPFunctional Business AnalystQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC