Google has handed out a new mobile phone running its Android software to some employees, stirring another wave of speculation that the oft-rumored Google Phone is real.
Home Entertainment - News
With the less-than-stellar James Cameron's Avatar: The Game serving as the only current example of 3D stereoscopic gaming, you might be surprised to hear that the future is indeed bright for the display technology. Insight Media has just released a r...
Blu-ray Discs based on a new format for 3D video will be on show at January's Consumer Electronics Show.
A year ago, we wrote a similar Blu-ray blog with a nearly identical title -- simply swap out "2009" for "2010." At the time, sales of Blu-ray players had been disappointing, although falling hardware and disc prices were inspiring some analysts to pr...
Barnes & Noble today put its Nook e-readers on display at its retail stores, but acknowledged that it won't be selling any of the $259 device at the stores until after the holidays. The latest plan contradicts earlier in-store signs announcing th...
People looking for one electronic device to handle all of their needs have false hopes, according to researchers at Intel.
BenQ put its nReader on display at Taiwan's IT Month exhibition in Taipei and representatives say it will roll out in Taiwan and China this January for NT$8,990 (US$280).
The Hearst publishing company unveiled its long-awaited e-reader plan on Friday, describing an "e-reading service platform" coming next year that will distribute content from multiple publishers to a variety of wireless mobile devices.
A day after trumpeting various enhancements to Bing, including the beta version of an improved mapping service, Microsoft had to apologise for a widespread outage that kept the search engine offline for about 30 minutes on Thursday evening.
Twitter has built a mobile site from scratch for its social networking and microblogging service, acknowledging that the current one, while reliable, has an unimpressive user interface and a modest feature set.
To make TV commercials far more targeted than anyone has ever dreamed of, <Google and TiVo are now teaming on a deal in the US that gives companies buying ads through Google's TV Ads division access to "second-by-second" TV viewing data collected by ...
Way outdone by rivals like Hulu and YouTube, Web video service Joost is now in the throes of winding down, only two-and-a-half years after its rollout with very high hopes by Skype co-founders Janius Friis and Niklas Zennstrom.
Creative Technology, a global provider of digital entertainment products, is collaborating with a number of high-tech companies in China to bring advanced technology and eco-friendly products in the country and elsewhere.
Comcast and General Electric announced a $37 billion joint venture today that combines Comcast's cable programming and online content with NBC Universal's (NBCU) varied businesses, including broadcasting, online content and cable programming.
A pub in the UK has been fined £8,000 after web users used its Wi-Fi connection to illegally download copyrighted material.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plex embraces Kodi as Plex Media Player becomes available to all
- 'Google Cast' is being phased out in favor of Chromecast for connected TVs and speakers
- PlayStation Vue is now available on Apple TV
- Apple's new TV app puts all the shows and movies you want to watch in one spot
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTJunior Network Engineer (Juniper certified)SA
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudACT
- CCTechnical Change Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringSA
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior / Trainee Storage AdministratorNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- TPSharePoint ConsultantACT
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCData Surveyor, Data Analyst, Electrical backgroundNSW
- CCUser Interface(UI) DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTCommercial Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationOther
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT