With the less-than-stellar James Cameron's Avatar: The Game serving as the only current example of 3D stereoscopic gaming, you might be surprised to hear that the future is indeed bright for the display technology. Insight Media has just released a r...
Blu-ray Discs based on a new format for 3D video will be on show at January's Consumer Electronics Show.
A year ago, we wrote a similar Blu-ray blog with a nearly identical title -- simply swap out "2009" for "2010." At the time, sales of Blu-ray players had been disappointing, although falling hardware and disc prices were inspiring some analysts to pr...
Barnes & Noble today put its Nook e-readers on display at its retail stores, but acknowledged that it won't be selling any of the $259 device at the stores until after the holidays. The latest plan contradicts earlier in-store signs announcing th...
People looking for one electronic device to handle all of their needs have false hopes, according to researchers at Intel.
BenQ put its nReader on display at Taiwan's IT Month exhibition in Taipei and representatives say it will roll out in Taiwan and China this January for NT$8,990 (US$280).
The Hearst publishing company unveiled its long-awaited e-reader plan on Friday, describing an "e-reading service platform" coming next year that will distribute content from multiple publishers to a variety of wireless mobile devices.
A day after trumpeting various enhancements to Bing, including the beta version of an improved mapping service, Microsoft had to apologise for a widespread outage that kept the search engine offline for about 30 minutes on Thursday evening.
Twitter has built a mobile site from scratch for its social networking and microblogging service, acknowledging that the current one, while reliable, has an unimpressive user interface and a modest feature set.
To make TV commercials far more targeted than anyone has ever dreamed of, <Google and TiVo are now teaming on a deal in the US that gives companies buying ads through Google's TV Ads division access to "second-by-second" TV viewing data collected by ...
Way outdone by rivals like Hulu and YouTube, Web video service Joost is now in the throes of winding down, only two-and-a-half years after its rollout with very high hopes by Skype co-founders Janius Friis and Niklas Zennstrom.
Creative Technology, a global provider of digital entertainment products, is collaborating with a number of high-tech companies in China to bring advanced technology and eco-friendly products in the country and elsewhere.
Comcast and General Electric announced a $37 billion joint venture today that combines Comcast's cable programming and online content with NBC Universal's (NBCU) varied businesses, including broadcasting, online content and cable programming.
A pub in the UK has been fined £8,000 after web users used its Wi-Fi connection to illegally download copyrighted material.
With the breakout success of social gaming in 2009, it should come as no surprise that other social networking sites will try to stake a claim at Facebook's crown. Fellow social site hi5 made a huge move towards challenging the current king by hiring...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
- Indiepix Unlimited wants to be the Netflix of independent film
- Denon's latest S-Series A/V receivers are built for 4K Ultra HD video and 3D audio
- New Roku Streaming Stick allows private listening via your mobile device
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW