Australia's subscription television set-top boxes will be governed by more stringent energy-efficiency standards from 1 January 2010.
Apple bought cloud-music service Lala with a plan: to integrate it into an upcoming Web-based version of iTunes, which stores your music purchases online rather than on your computer, according to several reports.
Google has handed out a new mobile phone running its Android software to some employees, stirring another wave of speculation that the oft-rumored Google Phone is real.
With the less-than-stellar James Cameron's Avatar: The Game serving as the only current example of 3D stereoscopic gaming, you might be surprised to hear that the future is indeed bright for the display technology. Insight Media has just released a r...
Blu-ray Discs based on a new format for 3D video will be on show at January's Consumer Electronics Show.
A year ago, we wrote a similar Blu-ray blog with a nearly identical title -- simply swap out "2009" for "2010." At the time, sales of Blu-ray players had been disappointing, although falling hardware and disc prices were inspiring some analysts to pr...
Barnes & Noble today put its Nook e-readers on display at its retail stores, but acknowledged that it won't be selling any of the $259 device at the stores until after the holidays. The latest plan contradicts earlier in-store signs announcing th...
People looking for one electronic device to handle all of their needs have false hopes, according to researchers at Intel.
BenQ put its nReader on display at Taiwan's IT Month exhibition in Taipei and representatives say it will roll out in Taiwan and China this January for NT$8,990 (US$280).
The Hearst publishing company unveiled its long-awaited e-reader plan on Friday, describing an "e-reading service platform" coming next year that will distribute content from multiple publishers to a variety of wireless mobile devices.
A day after trumpeting various enhancements to Bing, including the beta version of an improved mapping service, Microsoft had to apologise for a widespread outage that kept the search engine offline for about 30 minutes on Thursday evening.
Twitter has built a mobile site from scratch for its social networking and microblogging service, acknowledging that the current one, while reliable, has an unimpressive user interface and a modest feature set.
To make TV commercials far more targeted than anyone has ever dreamed of, <Google and TiVo are now teaming on a deal in the US that gives companies buying ads through Google's TV Ads division access to "second-by-second" TV viewing data collected by ...
Way outdone by rivals like Hulu and YouTube, Web video service Joost is now in the throes of winding down, only two-and-a-half years after its rollout with very high hopes by Skype co-founders Janius Friis and Niklas Zennstrom.
Creative Technology, a global provider of digital entertainment products, is collaborating with a number of high-tech companies in China to bring advanced technology and eco-friendly products in the country and elsewhere.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Huawei female watch review: Bringing out your inner fashionista
- 4 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 5 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCProject Manager CCTVNSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- CCProject Support Officer (Project Scheduler)WA
- CCData Integration specialistACT
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCSolution Architect - IntegrationSA
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCEnterprise Data Business AnalystNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- CCHR Contractor Retail ProjectVIC
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW