eReaders are about to get hotter, faster and cheaper. Freescale Semiconductor -- makers of the guts behind Amazon's Kindle and Sony's Reader -- announced it has created a chip that will rock the eReader world. The forthcoming i.MX508 processor will d...
In what is a familiar response to unwelcome news, the power of social networking and online campaigning is being used in a bid to secure the future of two radio stations seemingly under threat as a result of BBC cutbacks.
Apple's iTunes Store hit a landmark on Wednesday with the download of its 10 billionth song.
Sony has announced it will launch its Internet protocol TV (IPTV) platform, BRAVIA Internet Video, in March with the release of its 2010 LCD television range. The company also announced its first 3D-capable televisions, which will be available in Aus...
Wal-Mart Stores is taking another swing at the online movie business with the acquisition of Vudu.
A quarter of women would dump their boyfriend for flirting with other web users on social networks such as Facebook, says MyVoucherCodes.
The iBook store, the marketplace for electronic books on Apple's forthcoming iPad, will sell e-books wrapped in digital rights management software, according to sources quoted in the L.A. Times. Apple phased out DRM songs from the iTunes store a year...
Ericsson is showing off a prototype of its Android-based IPTV Remote, which allows users to control TVs throughout their homes, as well as heating systems. The prototype has a 10-inch touchscreen, a forward-facing camera and speakers and could also b...
Sony took a lead in pushing 3D movies to homes, announcing on Wednesday a new Blu-ray Disc player and upgrades to existing players so that they will be able to show high-definition 3D movies too.
Sharp and Samsung have put nearly three years of battling over LCD panel and module patents behind them with a deal that ends all ongoing patent infringement disputes, they said Monday.
Sharp saw sales drop 12 percent in the nine months to December as competition increased in the LCD panel and television markets, it said Wednesday.
Sony returned to the black in the last three months of 2009, achieving its first operating profit in five quarters and cutting its forecast loss for its full fiscal year, which ends March 31.
Sunny Ocean Studios is announcing its contender in the glasses-free 3D television battle. While similar glasses-free 3D TVs shown at CES had flexible yet limited viewing angles (around 8 or 9 viewing angles), Sunny Ocean Studios is promising that it...
E-reader users are a very happy lot, according to a new survey by market researcher NPD Group. Nearly all e-reader owners--93 percent, to be exact--say they're "very satisfied" or "somewhat satisfied" with their devices, and only 2 percent of owners ...
Apple's iPad is a multi-function device that focuses on multimedia and some productivity apps, but also functions as an e-reader with a new iBook store of EPub format books.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
- Indiepix Unlimited wants to be the Netflix of independent film
- Denon's latest S-Series A/V receivers are built for 4K Ultra HD video and 3D audio
- New Roku Streaming Stick allows private listening via your mobile device
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC