At a splashy event in New York's Time Warner Center, Samsung dove headlong into the electronic book market with the Samsung eReader, a US$299 device which allows you to take notes in the margins and share content with other Samsung eReaders.
Home Entertainment - News
Samsung on Tuesday introduced new 3D home entertainment devices and said it is researching new 3D technologies while finding new ways to deliver 3D movies to TVs.
Sony will begin selling 3D TVs in Japan on June 10 and worldwide at about the same time, it said Tuesday. A firmware upgrade to its PlayStation 3 console that adds 3D support and other 3D-compatible home electronics products will also be available to...
Panasonic, makers of the popular Viera HDTV line, announced that its new 3D TVs will go on sale in the United States later this week.
Philips is gearing up for this year's Fifa World Cup with the launch of a range of LCD TVs that are 3D Ready.
Apple's iPad will fly out of stores when it goes on sale in four weeks, and will build momentum through the back-to-school and into the holiday selling seasons, analysts said today.
The wifi model of Apple's highly anticipated iPad multimedia device will be released in the U.S. on April 3, with 3G-enabled devices available later in the month, Apple announced Friday.
RealNetworks has agreed to pay US$4.5 million and permanently stop selling its RealDVD software as part of a legal settlement with six Hollywood movie studios, the company said Wednesday.
Sony is readying itself to roll out an update to current PlayStation 3 games console owners to allow them to take advantage of the new Full HD 3D TVs and 3D programming that are about to launch.
With the introduction of TiVo Premiere, the DVR maker has a shot at staying relevant as Internet video grows.
Netbook pioneer Asustek Computer unveiled its first e-reader, the DR-900, at the Cebit electronics show in Hanover, Germany.
China Unicom, the only mobile network operator selling iPhones in China, is in talks with Apple to sell a version of the popular smartphone with Wi-Fi, something the companies could not do previously due to government regulations.
Tivo on Tuesday took a step forward in marrying TV with the Web, introducing a new set-top box that will bring cable programming and streaming content from the Internet to TV screens.
Ruslan Kogan, founder and director of Kogan Technologies, yesterday announced a price drop across his company’s consumer electronics range. The announcement was made at Kickstart Forum 2010 Queensland, where key journalists and vendors meet to discus...
Sony has restored service to the PlayStation Network by resolving a glitch in the internal clock of some PlayStation 3 consoles that recognized 2010 as a leap year and wrongly added a Feb. 29 to the clock.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plex embraces Kodi as Plex Media Player becomes available to all
- 'Google Cast' is being phased out in favor of Chromecast for connected TVs and speakers
- PlayStation Vue is now available on Apple TV
- Apple's new TV app puts all the shows and movies you want to watch in one spot
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Software Engineer - C/C++NSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCSSIS DeveloperNSW
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI, DataNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Security EngineerNSW
- PTRecruitment ConsultantWA
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)NSW
- CCIT Systems AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD