Australians are turning to inexpensive streaming devices following Netflix's entrance into the local market instead of buying pricey smart televisions.
Samsung is the latest manufacturer to become FreeviewPlus certified. Its range of smart TVs, including its newly released SUHD, 4K models, will allow users to access Catch Up services through the interface of the TV.
A new set-top box from DishTV, called aerialBox T2100, is said to be the first set-top box of its kind to be certified for FreeviewPlus, allowing you to watch Catch Up content from its main interface.
The remote control on the next Apple TV will reportedly trade an ultra-svelte figure for one that supports touch controls.
Popular streaming video on demand service, Netflix, may be the current talk of the town, but for Vodafone, the key word is Stan. The telco has stitched up a partnership with the Aussie streaming service to offer up to three-month subscriptions for cu...
LG announced its 2015 television range at an empty Sydney Cricket Ground yesterday. The company unveiled 17 new LCD models that put an emphasis on 4K technology. Up to 66 per cent of its range is now made up of these ultra-high definition (UHD) model...
Foxtel has overhauled its cable-TV platform to incorporate Internet-savvy services, one interface across different devices and has launched a new set top box distinguished by an upgradable set of features.
While rumours and leaks of Netflix pricing broke on Whirlpool and made their way to Reddit and Twitter on Sunday night, Netflix this morning confirmed the rumours to be true. The streaming service, which will be going live tomorrow (24 March) will of...
One of the biggest gripes with Google's Chromecast is that there's no way to control it apart from using a phone, tablet, or laptop. That can be a problem if you need to answer a phone call, your kid has run off with the family iPad, and House of Car...
Up to six months worth of a Netflix subscription will be waived in front of potential Optus customers as an incentive for them to sign on with the carrier.
Rumors of Apple launching an all-you-can-stream music service are nothing new. Ever since the company acquired Beats Music in May 2014, speculation has been rife that it could use some of the underlying technology for a new service under its own bran...
Netflix announced today that it will begin operations in Australia and New Zealand on 24 March. The popular streaming service for movies and TV shows has been long awaited by Australian fans, who have taken to using VPN services in order to watch the...
Creative Labs has just announced the availability of a couple of new amplifier products for mobile devices and desktop computers that are designed for those of you who care about audio. It's a welcome return from the company that used to be front of ...
BitTorrent Inc. is taking on Amazon and Netflix in 2015 with its own original television content platform, dubbed BitTorrent Originals. The first programming to roll out under BitTorrent's banner will be Children of the Machine (COTM), a Sci-Fi telev...
The artificial wall between Xbox players and PC gamers will get torn down with Microsoft's upcoming Windows 10, which allows streaming of Xbox One games to PCs and even lets gamers on the two disparate platforms play together.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Huawei female watch review: Bringing out your inner fashionista
- 4 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 5 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia