The Tivoli Music System is a small, integrated hi-fi that will work wonders in a bedroom or small-sized living room. It has all you need in a sturdy, good-looking wooden enclosure. You might balk at the over-$1000 price tag, but exceptional audio performance and build quality rarely come cheap.
The Sony SA-NS510 is a wireless, battery-powered hi-fi speaker with an interesting design. We’ve seen it likened to an upturned vase, a traffic cone, and a vertical wind tunnel. We happen to think it looks more like a futuristic trash can.
In the past twelve months, dozens of hi-fi speakers with built-in Wi-Fi networking have popped up on electronics store shelves. While our gold standard is still Sonos’s excellent PLAY:5 speaker, we were recently impressed by Libratone’s Lounge and Live.
JBL recently updated its mini hi-fi speaker docks with three new systems: the OnBeat Awake, the OnBeat Rize, and the OnBeat Venue. The Venue is the big brother of this group, with a body that hides four speakers and 30 Watts of oomph.
Libratone is a small Danish audio company with three products: the mini Zipp, the midi Live and the maxi Lounge. Each speaker is exceedingly simple -- no volume controls or superfluous buttons, minimalist designs with exacting construction. They’re marketed at buyers who love their iPhones, iPads and iPods, and want to share their music.
If you’re looking for a simple wireless speaker that can play music from your Apple iPhone, iPod or iPad, you’re spoilt for choice. Ever since the B&W Zeppelin Air came through our offices in early 2011, most of the hi-fi speakers we’ve tested have had AirPlay capability.
Samsung’s DA-E750 is a wireless audio dock that has taken inspiration from the past -- it’s got a glossy wooden finish, and two glowing valve amp tubes up top -- but it’s definitely up to date when it comes to built-in features.
When we first had a look at Sony’s Muteki 7.2-channel home theatre hi-fi system, we were impressed with the sheer amount of audio power it could muster.
The Pure Contour 200i Air is a beefed-up version of the Contour 100Di, with a slightly altered design, upgraded speakers, and Apple’s AirPlay wireless music protocol. It’s ditched the internal radio circuitry, though — the 200i Air is for streaming music only.
At the 2012 Samsung Forum, we had the chance to listen to Samsung’s new wireless audio docks. These speaker systems can dock both Apple iDevices and Samsung smartphones, making them a smart choice for a household that’s not committed to either Android or iOS.
The market for DAB+ digital radios is starting to heat up in Australia. We've taken a look at the best digital radios at three different price points.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- CCData Engineer (Java/ Data/ Big Data Developer)VIC
- FTSenior Dot Net Backend Orientated DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- FTSenior Database AdministratorVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - Technical BackgroundQLD
- FTPresales Solutions ArchitectQLD
- TPDesktop Support OfficerQLD
- FTLevel 3 Support AnalystVIC
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- FTTelecommunications Services Manager - Voice/Data/UCQLD
- FTMicrosoft ProgrammerSA
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- TPProduct Owner - Cloud SolutionsQLD
- CCDeployment EngineerSA
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- TPImplementation Business Partner - Business ModernisationNSW
- TPAgile CoachNSW
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- CCCrystal Reports DeveloperSA