The Tivoli Music System is a small, integrated hi-fi that will work wonders in a bedroom or small-sized living room. It has all you need in a sturdy, good-looking wooden enclosure. You might balk at the over-$1000 price tag, but exceptional audio performance and build quality rarely come cheap.
The Sony SA-NS510 is a wireless, battery-powered hi-fi speaker with an interesting design. We’ve seen it likened to an upturned vase, a traffic cone, and a vertical wind tunnel. We happen to think it looks more like a futuristic trash can.
In the past twelve months, dozens of hi-fi speakers with built-in Wi-Fi networking have popped up on electronics store shelves. While our gold standard is still Sonos’s excellent PLAY:5 speaker, we were recently impressed by Libratone’s Lounge and Live.
JBL recently updated its mini hi-fi speaker docks with three new systems: the OnBeat Awake, the OnBeat Rize, and the OnBeat Venue. The Venue is the big brother of this group, with a body that hides four speakers and 30 Watts of oomph.
Libratone is a small Danish audio company with three products: the mini Zipp, the midi Live and the maxi Lounge. Each speaker is exceedingly simple -- no volume controls or superfluous buttons, minimalist designs with exacting construction. They’re marketed at buyers who love their iPhones, iPads and iPods, and want to share their music.
If you’re looking for a simple wireless speaker that can play music from your Apple iPhone, iPod or iPad, you’re spoilt for choice. Ever since the B&W Zeppelin Air came through our offices in early 2011, most of the hi-fi speakers we’ve tested have had AirPlay capability.
Samsung’s DA-E750 is a wireless audio dock that has taken inspiration from the past -- it’s got a glossy wooden finish, and two glowing valve amp tubes up top -- but it’s definitely up to date when it comes to built-in features.
When we first had a look at Sony’s Muteki 7.2-channel home theatre hi-fi system, we were impressed with the sheer amount of audio power it could muster.
The Pure Contour 200i Air is a beefed-up version of the Contour 100Di, with a slightly altered design, upgraded speakers, and Apple’s AirPlay wireless music protocol. It’s ditched the internal radio circuitry, though — the 200i Air is for streaming music only.
At the 2012 Samsung Forum, we had the chance to listen to Samsung’s new wireless audio docks. These speaker systems can dock both Apple iDevices and Samsung smartphones, making them a smart choice for a household that’s not committed to either Android or iOS.
The market for DAB+ digital radios is starting to heat up in Australia. We've taken a look at the best digital radios at three different price points.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCWebSphere Message BrokerACT
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCCommunications OfficerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCGuidewire Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC