Google is far from finished with its attempt to invade the living room, but the Nexus Player's time as part of that strategy is done.
Make the Apple TV home screen your own by customizing the top row, app order, and folders.
It's not a full solution to Content ID's woes. More like a leaky bandage. But that's better than nothing.
Pioneer's great-sounding, feature rich, Android-based player's only major drawbacks are its lack of MacOS support and its bulky size.
The company’s secret throttling of data rates undercuts the arguments it had made in supporting net neutrality
With its wide selection of under-the-radar movies, you could also call it ‘Off-the-beaten-path Flix.’
Denon's new AVR-S720W and AVR-S920W receivers to deliver nearly every major audio and video feature you could ask for.
Portable streamer is powered by a quad-core processor, but resolution is limited to 1080p.
The fight for the living room is heating up with Apple recently upping the ante with the reboot of the Apple TV and telecommunications giant, Telstra, making moves of its own with the release of the Roku powered Telstra TV.
The music service is in the early stages of development, but it would offer far more music than Amazon's existing Prime Music streaming service, the New York Post reports.
Taking a page from Netflix and Amazon, Apple may be in search of the next House of Cards or Transparent.
Just add a display, keyboard and mouse for a surprisingly handy.Chrome-on-stick experience.
The new Apple TV has better performance and better remote, but nothing that the competition doesn't have already.
One of Google's best devices gets modest improvements, and that's okay.
Netflix, Stan and Presto: no matter the service, Telstra wants its brand to be synonymous with streaming video on demand.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Indiepix Unlimited wants to be the Netflix of independent film
- Denon's latest S-Series A/V receivers are built for 4K Ultra HD video and 3D audio
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT