Apple is pitching its new iPad tablet as a multi-use consumer device, a superior alternative to clunky netbooks and laptops. Admittedly, the device does have its virtues, particularly for Web-surfing couch potatoes who'd rather not balance a clamshe...
Home Entertainment - Features
Oscar parties are fun -- boozing it up with friends, gorging on seven-layer taco dip, shouting at the TV when your favorite Hollywood star mounts the stage -- but the show itself can be excruciating. Long sentimental speeches paired with the host's u...
Pick up some great bargains.
No-cost utilities and services can help you find, organize, and wrangle your media files--or enjoy some great video online.
Apple's iTunes Store reached a major milestone this week when it delivered its 10 billionth song, an event that highlights the great success of Cupertino's digital-download service.
Quick: What's a hacker? A pimply faced teenager in a dark bedroom trying to start World War Three, or a thirty-something professional with mad computer skills?
On Wednesday Apple's iTunes Store served its 10 billionth music download, according to the company. Here's a look at notable moments in its history:
Ever since our encounter with Panasonic's first 3D TV in Australia, we have been keen to see what other manufacturers have up their sleeves. It turns out we didn't have to wait long; we got to see Sony's crack at 3D in the living room at the company'...
By now you might have seen Pocahontas 3D (aka Avatar) in the cinemas and stared in awe at the glory of three-dimensional images from a two-dimensional screen. You could have that experience in your own lounge room soon.
Best deals of the week: 19 February
An HD home cinema system is only as good as the Blu-ray movie you're watching. Let's face it – while Driving Miss Daisy might be a good film, it's not the best thing to show off your state-of-the-art surround sound system with, is it? Whether you’re ...
We've rounded up some great TVs for watching the sporting action at the Winter Olympics.
You're all geared up for the 2010 Winter Olympics. You have your pizza, your beer, and your brand-new, beautiful HDTV. But is that HDTV giving your favorite sport everything it's capable of giving?
Taiwanese e-reader makers jockeyed to show off new technologies at the Taipei International Book Exhibition over the weekend and said the emerging model for the devices is to sell them as part of a content bundle.
There is something very alluring about a device that Steve Jobs hailed as both "magical" and "revolutionary" -- a mix of Disneyland and quantum physics. It makes you want to be the first on your block or among your peers to claim one of the wondrous ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- Google eyes remote content controls for parents in YouTube Kids app
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Network Operations/Design - TelcoVIC
- FTRecruitment ConsultantSA
- CCIT End to End UX Designer.VIC
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- TPEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- CCService Desk SupportNSW
- CCSystems Administrator - Cloud, Azure and LinuxQLD
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMACT
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMQLD
- FTSolution Architect x 2 (ETL/SSIS)NSW
- FTChief Security OfficerNSW