Looking for a way to get more from your iPod? There are an increasing array of products on the market these days with iPod docks built into them and today we take a look at some of the most expensive.
Home Entertainment - Features
Despite numerous technological developments in recent years, sound tends to be overlooked by PC makers. And high-quality audio is nearly always the first thing to be sacrificed when a company puts together a budget desktop PC.
Sporting a black and silver motif and a minimalist design, Sony’s new VAIO RT range packs high-end performance into a small package. An all-in-one PC built largely for home entertainment purposes, the RT manages to fit in an Intel Core 2 Quad process...
A decade ago, it was a clever novelty: a webcam pointed at an office water cooler. The first one is still online, at www.coolercam.com, broadcasting a fresh picture every 10 seconds.
Microsoft quietly announced its third-generation Zune MP3 players and software last week, news that got lost amidst the din of Apple's "Let's Rock" event.
Nothing is more expensive than replacing inkjet cartridges. In this month's column, I'll talk about the tips and tools I use to save ink--and paper. I'll also give you the lowdown on removing leftover Registry-clogging Class IDs, show you how to corr...
It isn't something you'll see on a server rack, but a product from a fabless silicon design outfit could help you cut down on air conditioning costs at work or home and help save energy. What's more, Microstaq's Silicon Expansion Valve (SEV) illustra...
Apple has announced a refresh of two of its most popular iPods, the iPod touch and iPod nano, along with a new version of its iTunes music software.
When you're serious about entertainment, you don't want to settle for the standard features. You want more storage, more options, and more convenience. But most consumer electronics come with built-in limitations that can prevent you from getting max...
The advantages to digitizing your DVD collection are clear: Once you've loaded your discs to a hard drive, you'll no longer have to fumble around with easily scratched discs.
Computers are all over movies these days, from the ones behind the scenes that create gosh-wow special effects to the ones on screen that are the constant targets of ridiculously good-looking hackers. What's rare is finding movies where computers and...
Remember how much everyone loved to hate AOL at the turn of the century? AOL offered bloated software, piles of unwanted installation discs, a walled garden of content, an overloaded newbie network, and a pricey dial-up service.
We all use iTunes. It's our gateway to millions of song downloads, thousands of TV shows and movies, that killer new App Store, and a terrific selection of podcasts. Without it, our iPods and iPhones would be empty, lonely, and sad.
Watching the boob tube once meant having to consume your entertainment in front of an actual television. But these days, if you miss an episode of Grey's Anatomy or Heroes and forgot to set the DVR, no problem: You can catch up online for free with s...
The Web-browser-based iView program is the latest video-on-demand venture from the nation's ABC television network. With arts, documentary, news and a host of other programs on demand, there's plenty of content available to any user with a sufficient...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plex embraces Kodi as Plex Media Player becomes available to all
- 'Google Cast' is being phased out in favor of Chromecast for connected TVs and speakers
- PlayStation Vue is now available on Apple TV
- Apple's new TV app puts all the shows and movies you want to watch in one spot
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerACT
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Wealth/ AdviceNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTSenior Technical LeadNSW
- FTNode Developer / ArchitectVIC
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001VIC
- CCMid-level .NET Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTClient Service AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- CCExecutive AssistantVIC
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testing - MELBOURNEACT
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Projects Engineer | Systems Integration and IT Managed ServicesNSW
- TPBusiness Improvement and Change ManagerQLD
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- System/ Solution DevelopmentNSW
- CCPMO Quality Officer - Major NSW GovernmentNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketNSW