The classic wood veneer styling captures your attention immediately. But it's not until you read the cutting list of what's been included in the Bush Heritage II Connect radio that you truly appreciate what you're getting.
The Bush Heritage digital radio has an old-style look that would suit those of you who want to add a bit of 'retro' to your surroundings. It has a 1950s looks that we think many people will dig, but at the same time we're also a bit over the whole 'radio is an old medium so here is an old-looking radio to match' school of design.
The wooden look of the Bush BR40DAB portable digital radio is attractive, and its sound quality is decent enough for a small radio. However, the control buttons on the front, and the menu system in general, just don't make for an enjoyable user experience.
Kogan's own-brand Deluxe Digital Internet Radio is one of the most versatile digital radio products on the Australian market. It comes with networking features, analogue audio input and an iPod dock for under $180, and it performed surprisingly well in our tests.
DAB+ digital radio products have sold over 1 million units in Australia, thanks to strong third-quarter sales for 2012.
The Pure Contour 100Di is a digital radio with a built-in iPod, iPhone and iPad-compatible dock. It’s small but is able to produce good sound at moderate volumes. We don’t like the remote control, though.
The OXX Digital Breeze is a small and portable digital radio that can also tune in to FM stations. It's an inexpensive unit compared to most digital radios out there and its quality is commensurate to what you pay for it, but it's nevertheless a fine radio for the kitchen or workshop.
The Laser DAB-DG200AM is a hybrid radio that can tune in to digital radio stations as well as AM and FM stations. It's a single speaker radio with very basic controls and a two-line LCD display. It sounds, feels and looks cheap, but that's because it is. It costs $99, which makes it one of the most affordable hybrid (digital and analogue) radios on the Australian market. Crucially, it performs its intended functions with a minimum of fuss.
Data newly released by Commercial Radio Australia indicates that more than 400,000 DAB+ digital radios have been sold in Australia since the service's launch in 2009, with more than 700,000 listeners tuning into Australian digital radio stations every week.
The Sony XDR-C706DBP DAB+ is a bedside digital clock radio with good audio quality given its petite size and lack of stereo sound. It's considerably smaller than the $199 Sony XDR-S16DBP DAB+ digital radio, though not much cheaper at $149. We think that considering the XDR-C706DBP's feature-set, its price seems a tad steep.
The Pure Oasis Flow is a must-have item for lovers of radio and the outdoors. It's a portable, rechargeable and weatherproof DAB+ digital radio that's also capable of playing FM radio and Internet radio stations.
With the digital radio market slowly expanding in Australia, the cost of digital radios has come down significantly. The Sony XDR-S16DBP DAB+ digital radio is no exception, with a very reasonable price tag of $199. The Sony XDR-S16DBP offers excellent audio quality, is easy to use, and has an attractive design.
The market for DAB+ digital radios is starting to heat up in Australia. We've taken a look at the best digital radios at three different price points.
Gear up for the long weekend with a smokin' plasma TV deal and more!
Broadcasters and radio personalities from more than 40 different commercial and public radio stations participated in an outdoors broadcast this morning in the nation’s capital cities, to celebrate the launch of digital radio services in Australia.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Digital radio hits one million sales in Australia
- More than 400,000 digital radios sold in Australia since DAB+ launch
- Digital radio launch celebrated with outside broadcast
- ABC switches on digital radio services
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - InsuranceVIC
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCLead DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW