The Playbase fits conveniently under your TV, but it’s not the best home theater speaker we’ve heard.
Anyone with a Plex Pass subscription can now get at their media libraries from Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive (personal) with Plex Cloud.
Hidden in the code for the latest version of the YouTube Kids app is a reference to Family Link, which would let parents block videos and change settings remotely.
YouTube's new live TV service will make TV mobile, flexible, easy, competitive and super profitable for Google.
Panasonic’s set-top boxes can manage free-to-air Freeview channels and play/record to Blu-ray and DVD.
Can Apple set its streaming box apart from lower-priced rivals?
Apple Music plans to make exclusive original content a selling point for subscribers.
With so many thrilling movies being released to Blu-ray every week, it’s quite hard to keep track of each one of them even for the avid loves of film and cinema. But you can’t look away. In fact, there is nothing worse than a blind buy that ends up being a disappointment.
Hopefully the hire is a sign that Apple is investing more in the Apple TV.
The Nvidia Shield TV, a $200 media streamer and gaming box, doesn't appeal to everyone, and that's okay.
Foxtel's iQ3 and its Bluetooth Foxtel Remote are appalling and the same content can be had cheaper and easier elsewhere. We examine the problem of Foxtel Pricing and look at ways to cut the cord and save money.
You can buy an AirTV now, but the product won't integrate antenna and Sling TV channels until "early 2017."
Google's eager aide offers some useful tools, but in order to overtake Alexa it needs to talk to more apps and services.
Sling TV CEO Roger Lynch talks pricing, DVR, and certified hardware.
The guts of Onkyo's SBT-A500 sound bar come in an external box to give the speaker an ultra-low profile
Onkyo's ultra-low profile soundbar and wireless subwoofer will support Dolby Atmos, DTS Play-Fi, Apple AirPlay, and all the streaming services you know and love.
These mini hi-fi systems are the best we've reviewed in the last 12 months.
These are the best Blu-ray players you can buy from the last year.
These media streamers from the last year have been chosen for our Editor's Choice award.
These are the best Blu-ray players for watching your movies on your TV.
Need to print on the go? The HP OfficeJet offers that and more. Read a user’s experience on this multi-purpose printer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- Google eyes remote content controls for parents in YouTube Kids app
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTUser Support AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Project Officer HSQQLD
- FTWFM Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent job . ACT LocationACT
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsWA
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- CCVisual DesignerACT
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTMarket Data Analyst, Investment BankingNSW
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTPayroll Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTTest AnalystACT
- CCDelivery Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Linux AdministratorNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectQLD
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT