Google is far from finished with its attempt to invade the living room, but the Nexus Player's time as part of that strategy is done.
Make the Apple TV home screen your own by customizing the top row, app order, and folders.
It's not a full solution to Content ID's woes. More like a leaky bandage. But that's better than nothing.
Pioneer's great-sounding, feature rich, Android-based player's only major drawbacks are its lack of MacOS support and its bulky size.
Optical discs like Blu-ray are losing favor, but Sony and Panasonic don't seem to care. The companies have cranked up the storage capacity on optical media to a stunning 3.3TB.
The company’s secret throttling of data rates undercuts the arguments it had made in supporting net neutrality
As hardware, Microsoft's collaborative Surface Hub is undeniably breathtaking. As software, we expected to see Cortana and more multitasking features, but Microsoft says some of the limitations are by design.
With its wide selection of under-the-radar movies, you could also call it ‘Off-the-beaten-path Flix.’
Denon's new AVR-S720W and AVR-S920W receivers to deliver nearly every major audio and video feature you could ask for.
Rachel likes travelling to obscure places and party places alike. She needs her tech to get about and communicate whether its exploring caves, diving with Whale Sharks, rallying across Eastern Europe, partying at South American carnivals, eating insects in Asia, cavorting in fountains in Europe or relaxing in hot mud in South America.
Introducing Roving Rachel our new techie travel writer. A candidate for having the best job in the world, she reports on some of the best adventure destinations on the planet, the best festivals and the best ways to get there – all while discussing the technology, apps and services she uses and encounters along the way.
Portable streamer is powered by a quad-core processor, but resolution is limited to 1080p.
Sharp has approved an offer from Hon Hai Precision Industry and related companies to acquire over 66 per cent of the company’s voting stock, making the Taiwanese contract manufacturer the new parent of the venerable Japanese firm.
Sydney-based consumer electronics company, Convoy International is conducting a major restructure of its business lines.
The fight for the living room is heating up with Apple recently upping the ante with the reboot of the Apple TV and telecommunications giant, Telstra, making moves of its own with the release of the Roku powered Telstra TV.
These mini hi-fi systems are the best we've reviewed in the last 12 months.
These are the best Blu-ray players you can buy from the last year.
These media streamers from the last year have been chosen for our Editor's Choice award.
These are the best Blu-ray players for watching your movies on your TV.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Enterprise Java Beans/J2EE) 160601/AP/982Asia
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- FTData EngineersNSW
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW