TP-Link's new light bulbs don't require a smart home bridge to control them, letting you get up and running with just one bulb to start.
Home Appliances - News
Nissan and power management company Eaton Electrical have joined forces to create new residential energy storage unit designed to rival Tesla's Powerwall home battery as the most affordable on the market.
iLumi's BR30 Outdoor color-tunable smart bulb will bring programmable lighting to your yard this summer
Tapping Bluetooth for command and control eliminates the need for a hub, but it also means iLumi's bulbs can't be integrated into connected-home systems. But that could change.
A federal study of 128 U.S. cities revealed that if Americans installed solar panels on every roof, it would supply 1,432 terawatt-hours (trillion watts) of annual energy generation -- 39% of the total power used by the U.S.
Unique valves at the mouth of each bottle keep the remaining wine fresh for up to 30 days after the first pour.
Samsung Electronics has appointed Carl Rose as its new vice-president of consumer electronics.
Longtime Tesla battery partner, Panasonic, said it will spend up to $US1.6 billion on the lithium-ion battery Gigafactory in the hopes it can cement its future in automotive electronics.
If you wanted to make your dumb home smarter, buy a fancy TV or get on board with the smartwatch craze, the IFA trade show this week was the place to be.
Google has made a big play for the Internet of Things, announcing a new OS on Thursday that will connect appliances around the home and allow them to be controlled from an Android smartphone or tablet.
Samsung's range is broad enough to fill each room of a home. Each product works on one household ecosystem, most of which can be controlled from a number of Samsung smartphones. This gallery breaks down the various Samsung products coming to Australi...
Origin Smart Energy Monitor allows users to keep an eye on consumption, but only in Victoria for now
Origin Energy today announced the availability of a Smart Energy Monitor for its customers in Victoria. The Smart Energy Monitor is a device that works with ZigBee wireless technology, and it can give users a real-time view of energy consumption for ...
Panasonic is showing its latest home appliances at the Ceatec electronics exhibition, and everything - washing machines, refrigerators, rice cookers - connects to the internet.
Australian retail outlet Peters of Kensington is currently selling Nespresso's latest capsule-based coffee machine, the Nespresso U, for just $252.
Samsung is bringing built-in Wi-Fi to many of its upcoming consumer products, creating an 'Internet of things' within its brand.
A Taipei university team has developed a tiny chip that allows remote control over home appliances with no more than a wave of the hand and features that make it faster, cheaper and more resistant to interference than rival inventions, the professor ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- TP-Link's new Wi-Fi light bulbs shun smart bridges for easier, cheaper setup
- Nissan charges after Tesla with home battery system
- iLumi's BR30 Outdoor color-tunable smart bulb will bring programmable lighting to your yard this summer
- Solar on all U.S. roofs would supply 39% of power
- Kuvée Smart Bottle hands-on preview: Go ahead, open all the wine you want
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSAP PM/ MRS ConsultantVIC
- CCAutomated Test EngineerACT
- CCSenior Software Engineer - C/C++NSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- CCData Surveyor, Data Analyst, Electrical backgroundNSW
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- CCUAT TesterQLD
- CCSecurity ConsultantWA
- FTLinux Unix AdministratorNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudACT
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCSolution Architect - PHPNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationACT