Samsung's range is broad enough to fill each room of a home. Each product works on one household ecosystem, most of which can be controlled from a number of Samsung smartphones. This gallery breaks down the various Samsung products coming to Australia in 2014.
The Kambrook Arctic Cooling Advantage tower fan (KFA835) is an affordable option for keeping cool this summer. It's a lot cheaper than the $599 Dyson AM02 Tower fan, and $40 less expensive than the Sunbeam Summit Tower.
The Sunbeam Summit Tower Fan is a more realistically priced fan at $149, rather than $599 asking price of the Dyson AM02 Tower fan
The aXbo Sleep Phase Alarm Clock won't rip you kicking and screaming from your slumber; rather, it will coax you out of your light sleep phase gently with relaxing birdsong.
The Dyson AM02 Tower fan, from design masters Dyson, has had many people in our office rubber-necking and raising eyebrows -- just look at the product pictures to see why! Following on from Dyson's Air Multiplier (25cm), which was released in 2009, the latest edition to the Air Multiplier range looks pretty darn cool (and does a good job of keeping you cool), but it comes with a hefty price tag of $599.
Robotic vacuum cleaners may seem like a mere novelty, but they can be incredibly useful in a busy household, a house with a pet hair problem, a robot fancier's automated home, or for people with decreased mobility. The iClebo Home from Korean brand Yujin Robot is the best robotic vacuum cleaner to have passed through our Test Centre so far. It can be used on carpet, wood floors and tiles, and you can let it do all the work while you're out of the house.
If you're not a fan of vacuuming, then surely you would have to agree that its uglier brute of a cousin, mopping, is even less enjoyable.
The iRobot Roomba 577 robotic vacuum cleaner is the fancier version of the Roomba 530. It comes with a remote for manual control of the unit and easy selection of modes, and more replacement components are included.
Cordless phones are almost an essential household item. While earlier technology suffered from call quality issues, cordless phones now provide more than adequate sound quality at a decent range.
If you like to keep warm in bed and you find piling on the extra blankets or using a hot water bottle doesn't keep the winter chill away, you might want to consider buying an electric blanket.
If you have a busy life, are pressed for time, hate vacuuming or if you just love gadgets, the Roomba 530 is probably the vacuum cleaner for you.
The Samsung NaviBot SR8855 is a clever little robot vacuum cleaner that wants to navigate its way through your home and into your heart. It can do all the grunt work while you either control it from the couch or let it clean automatically — even while you're out doing your shopping. Indeed, the future of housework is looking great not only for the busy and the disabled, but also the just plain lazy.
Even before we unpacked the Dyson Air Multiplier there were two distinctive things we noticed about it. Firstly, it's expensive — seriously expensive. Secondly, it has a somewhat pretentious name. However, when we unpacked this "bladeless fan", both of these things were forgotten as we marvelled at a piece of industrial design that was every bit as lovely as we'd expect from Dyson.
Choosing the right kind of vacuum cleaner isn't as simple as you might think. There are several different types on the market, and they all have their own strengths and weaknesses. Models range in size, features and price so it's important to know the basic facts before you rush out and buy one.
There are so many different types of air conditioners on the market that finding the right one can be confusing. With models ranging in size, features and price, so it's important to know the basic facts when choosing an air conditioner that will suit your needs.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- FTDeveloper - Java, Mule ESBNSW
- CCTechnical WriterQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- CCSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- FTChief Information Security OfficerNSW
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT