Google makes it as easy as it can to put the world’s knowledge at your fingertips on every screen you touch. With Google Home, it’s trying to extend that reach to casual conversation.
There's no way to review Google Home in isolation. This hyper-aware voice-activated speaker is an Amazon Echo clone, but improves upon the original concept.
Australians have a relationship with hot summers and air conditioning that few developed countries can appreciate. And yet it looks like it’s the Russians who have come up with an innovative solution to hot homes and offices.
Here’s how an Amazon Echo, Tap, or Echo Dot can light up your smart home.
TP-Link's new light bulbs don't require a smart home bridge to control them, letting you get up and running with just one bulb to start.
These dumb bulbs are perfect for smart lighting.
Samsung's range is broad enough to fill each room of a home. Each product works on one household ecosystem, most of which can be controlled from a number of Samsung smartphones. This gallery breaks down the various Samsung products coming to Australia in 2014.
The Dyson DC59 Animal offers impressively powerful suction, a lightweight, bag-less design and includes a detachable wand that offers excellent versatility. However, you'll certainly pay a premium for its convenience.
Nescafe's Dolce Gusto Genio coffee machine is one of the first we've seen that makes both hot and cold drinks but the powdered milk capsules won't suit all tastes and can become expensive.
Yesterday, Samsung launched an updated version of its NaviBot robot vacuum cleaner -- the NaviBot S. We’re assuming the S stands for ‘slim’, or ‘sleek’, or ‘smart’ (or maybe ’Skynet’), because the NaviBot S promises some interesting upgrades and more user-friendly features.
The Samsung NaviBot SR8855 is a clever little robot vacuum cleaner that wants to navigate its way through your home and into your heart. It can do all the grunt work while you either control it from the couch or let it clean automatically — even while you're out doing your shopping. Indeed, the future of housework is looking great not only for the busy and the disabled, but also the just plain lazy.
Portable air conditioners are a great, affordable alternative to installing an AC system in your house. They are particularly handy if you live in an apartment or a property you do not own.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- TP-Link's new Wi-Fi light bulbs shun smart bridges for easier, cheaper setup
- Photos: Samsung's next generation of connected home appliances
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDemand/ Resource AnalystVIC
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)QLD
- FTSenior Software EngineerVIC
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTSolution Designer l Microsoft SMENSW
- CCDigital Communications ManagerNSW
- TPIT Project Manager - Office relocationVIC
- CCTest ManagerWA
- CCFullstack .Net DeveloperNSW
- TPMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- FTJava Developer/IntegratorACT
- CCADABAS Natural DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - Telco Networks EngineeringVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTPerformance TesterACT
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTBusiness Development Executive - Queensland Public SectorQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)QLD