Australians have a relationship with hot summers and air conditioning that few developed countries can appreciate. And yet it looks like it’s the Russians who have come up with an innovative solution to hot homes and offices.
Here’s how an Amazon Echo, Tap, or Echo Dot can light up your smart home.
TP-Link's new light bulbs don't require a smart home bridge to control them, letting you get up and running with just one bulb to start.
These dumb bulbs are perfect for smart lighting.
Samsung's range is broad enough to fill each room of a home. Each product works on one household ecosystem, most of which can be controlled from a number of Samsung smartphones. This gallery breaks down the various Samsung products coming to Australia in 2014.
The Dyson DC59 Animal offers impressively powerful suction, a lightweight, bag-less design and includes a detachable wand that offers excellent versatility. However, you'll certainly pay a premium for its convenience.
Nescafe's Dolce Gusto Genio coffee machine is one of the first we've seen that makes both hot and cold drinks but the powdered milk capsules won't suit all tastes and can become expensive.
Yesterday, Samsung launched an updated version of its NaviBot robot vacuum cleaner -- the NaviBot S. We’re assuming the S stands for ‘slim’, or ‘sleek’, or ‘smart’ (or maybe ’Skynet’), because the NaviBot S promises some interesting upgrades and more user-friendly features.
The Samsung NaviBot SR8855 is a clever little robot vacuum cleaner that wants to navigate its way through your home and into your heart. It can do all the grunt work while you either control it from the couch or let it clean automatically — even while you're out doing your shopping. Indeed, the future of housework is looking great not only for the busy and the disabled, but also the just plain lazy.
Portable air conditioners are a great, affordable alternative to installing an AC system in your house. They are particularly handy if you live in an apartment or a property you do not own.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- TP-Link's new Wi-Fi light bulbs shun smart bridges for easier, cheaper setup
- Nissan charges after Tesla with home battery system
- iLumi's BR30 Outdoor color-tunable smart bulb will bring programmable lighting to your yard this summer
- Solar on all U.S. roofs would supply 39% of power
- Kuvée Smart Bottle hands-on preview: Go ahead, open all the wine you want
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCDemand ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTTest ManagerNSW
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC