Nissan and power management company Eaton Electrical have joined forces to create new residential energy storage unit designed to rival Tesla's Powerwall home battery as the most affordable on the market.
iLumi's BR30 Outdoor color-tunable smart bulb will bring programmable lighting to your yard this summer
Tapping Bluetooth for command and control eliminates the need for a hub, but it also means iLumi's bulbs can't be integrated into connected-home systems. But that could change.
A federal study of 128 U.S. cities revealed that if Americans installed solar panels on every roof, it would supply 1,432 terawatt-hours (trillion watts) of annual energy generation -- 39% of the total power used by the U.S.
Despite the hype surrounding the Internet of Things and smart home, one of the industry's largest players, Google's Nest, is struggling to innovate and scale. What’s the problem?
Unique valves at the mouth of each bottle keep the remaining wine fresh for up to 30 days after the first pour.
Samsung Electronics has appointed Carl Rose as its new vice-president of consumer electronics.
Longtime Tesla battery partner, Panasonic, said it will spend up to $US1.6 billion on the lithium-ion battery Gigafactory in the hopes it can cement its future in automotive electronics.
From refrigerators that order groceries to robots that clean house, CES 2016 was full of high-tech appliances that will make our lives a whole lot easier.
If you wanted to make your dumb home smarter, buy a fancy TV or get on board with the smartwatch craze, the IFA trade show this week was the place to be.
Dyson’s V6 Absolute cordless, stick-style vacuum cleaner is like a juiced-up dust-buster. Except that it’s infinitely better than a dust-buster. It’s like a regular vacuum on a stick, and it can go a long way towards replacing a conventional vacuum cleaner if you live in a small apartment and feel like convenience should be a cleaning aid.
De' Longhi's Lattissima+ is a Nespresso capsule-based espresso machine that will pour you a coffee with the greatest of ease. It's a self-contained unit with a minimal learning curve that's perfect for those of you who want to make a cappuccino or latte macchiato in your home, and you can do so simply by pressing one button.
Google has made a big play for the Internet of Things, announcing a new OS on Thursday that will connect appliances around the home and allow them to be controlled from an Android smartphone or tablet.
Samsung's range is broad enough to fill each room of a home. Each product works on one household ecosystem, most of which can be controlled from a number of Samsung smartphones. This gallery breaks down the various Samsung products coming to Australia in 2014.
The Dyson DC59 Animal offers impressively powerful suction, a lightweight, bag-less design and includes a detachable wand that offers excellent versatility. However, you'll certainly pay a premium for its convenience.
Origin Smart Energy Monitor allows users to keep an eye on consumption, but only in Victoria for now
Origin Energy today announced the availability of a Smart Energy Monitor for its customers in Victoria. The Smart Energy Monitor is a device that works with ZigBee wireless technology, and it can give users a real-time view of energy consumption for the purposes of conserving energy and keeping bills under control.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Nissan charges after Tesla with home battery system
- iLumi's BR30 Outdoor color-tunable smart bulb will bring programmable lighting to your yard this summer
- Solar on all U.S. roofs would supply 39% of power
- Kuvée Smart Bottle hands-on preview: Go ahead, open all the wine you want
- Samsung Electronics appoints Carl Rose
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Enterprise Java Beans/J2EE) 160601/AP/982Asia
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW