Sennheiser's HD 418 is a pair of entry-level over-the-ear headphones that promises powerful bass-driven sound while providing extra comfort to users. After testing them for weeks, here is our impression.
Headphones - Reviews
From the biker-style silver chevrons adorning the exterior to the cushioned leather interior, the V-Moda Crossfade LP headphones are anything but ordinary. Even then the headstrap has a subtle snakeskin effect.
The a-Jays One headphones are the entry-level earphones in Jays' line-up, and they offer plenty of value for money. They sound great, have an easy-to-manage cord and they are supplied with five pairs of different-sized sleeves to make sure they fit i...
Swedish company Jays has produced a smash hit with its a-Jays Three headphones. Excellent bass response, a wealth of included accessories and an attractive design that features a flat, tangle-free cord mean they are highly recommended.
The t-JAYS One earphones are small and light buds that employ silicone rubber sleeves to form a seal in your ear canals. This seal is responsible for creating a deep bass response that can not only be heard, but also felt.
Wireless headphones have been on the market for a long time, but they have generally lacked the sound quality of their wired components, making them easy to overlook for anyone concerned with crisp audio quality. However, TDK's WR700 headphones utili...
In the Sennheiser-dominated headphone market, it's easy to overlook brands that are relatively new compared to the German audio heavyweight. The a-Jays Two in-ear earphones are produced by little-known Swedish company Jays.
The Sennheiser MX 581 earphones are sleekly designed and deliver good quality mid-range audio. However, pushing these earphones too far results in treble and bass distortion. With the right volume and right genres of music, the Sennheiser MX 581 head...
Sennheiser's OMX 181 earphones have a trendy two-tone colour scheme and sleek, modern styling. The over-the-ear hooks may feel a little uncomfortable at first but offer good long-term comfort and adjustability. Overall this is a comfortable pair of e...
The Sennheiser MX 471 earbud headphones offer superb audio quality and comfort at an affordable price. Each set of ear buds comes with unique gold markings -- no two pairs are the same.
TDK's NC-150 is the cheapest pair of headphones we've come across featuring active noise-cancellation circuitry. We don't believe these headphones do a particularly good job of cancelling out ambient noise, though, with an uncomfortable low-frequency...
TDK's EB 900 headphones have an in-ear design with a foam tip that moulds itself to your ear canal, offering excellent passive noise cancellation. These in-ear headphones can produce reasonable sound quality but require custom equalisation to really ...
TDK's ST-PR300 full-size headphones are one of the cheapest pairs on the market. At moderate volume levels there is decent detail evident in treble and mid-range frequencies, but the headphones' low price is evident in their high volume performance a...
Bose has a reputation for producing high quality headphones and it has now branched into the mobile space.
The Bose On-Ear Headphones are light (under 150g), compact enough to fit into a large pocket, and have impressive sound quality. If you travel regularly but don't like in-ear headphones or earbuds, a portable set of headphones like these may be just ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple's AirPods could deliver audio with multiple wireless protocols
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Beats Solo2 headphones go wireless for $399
- Astro A38 review: A staggering price to pay for convenience
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCMid-level .NET Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- CCService Desk OfficerSA
- FTProject ManagerOther
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT
- CCIT SharePoint SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- CCUNISON Analyst Programmer (Contract) FinanceNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - InformationQLD
- CCServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCProject Management - Infrastructure projectsVIC
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkVIC
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD