Bose is better at masking jet-engine drone, but Sony is no slouch on that score and ultimately it offers the better-sounding cans.
No matter how much you love Apple gear, you’re going to have trouble loving AirPods.
How Apple could apply the lessons of its wireless AirPods to the next iPhone, Apple Watch, and even the car.
Jabra's fitness product isn't like the trackers that are offered by the likes of Fitbit or Jawbone. The Jabra Sport Coach is a pair of wireless earbuds first and foremost, with motion sensing built in. The earbuds integrate with the Jabra Sport smartphone app to relay voice coaching to the user. Rather than counting your steps, the Jabra Sport app puts a focus on pace and intensity instead.
Plantronics' BackBeat Sense headphones have a lightweight over-the-head design with soft cushions that can sit on your ears without crushing them. They are Bluetooth headphones that are simple to operate, they sound good, and you can use them with a cord if you find yourself running low on battery.
Bose has been working on technology that cancels noise -- and in effect, recreates silence -- for 35 years. The technology was integrated into its over-ear QuietComfort 25 headphones. Now it has been miniaturised and implanted into more convenient in-ear headphones, the QuietComfort 20.
If you want an unobtrusive, no-fuss fitness tracker, the SMS Audio BioSport earbuds are an interesting proposition. They are not just for listening to music while you workout; they can also be used to track your heart rate. They do this via a little optical sensor that's present in the right earbud, which bounces light off your outer ear in order to measure your pulse.
The Jabra Sport Pulse headphones are designed to appeal to those of us who like to walk, run, or hit the gym as part of an exercise program. They use a wireless Bluetooth connection rather than a cord, and they also have a built-in heart-rate monitor that negates the need for an extra strap.
Bowers & Wilkins has taken the technology from its large P7 headphones and implanted them into its second generation P5. The headphones are designed for use with smartphones when out and about, and even though they’re a petite pair of headphones, they’re sure to please the most demanding of audiophiles.
Marshall has a long and glorious history in amplifier production. Chances are one of your favourite artists has used a Marshall amplifier at some point. Somehow, the sight of a Marshall stack at a concert provides a sense of comfort and familiarity, not to mention that distinctive wholesome Marshall sound. The question then arises, can Jim and his friends reproduce this in the mid-range headphone market?
Four hours into my flight from Sydney to Taiwan and the faint hum of the engines sound more like a roar. It’s not the sound that’s driving me mad, but rather the feeling it will never stop. Ever.
A compact form factor, lightweight build, suede-like material, and very soft earcups make the Bose SoundLink on-ear headphones enticing -- and that’s before you even turn them on to experience convenient and easy-to-use Bluetooth, great sound, and respectable battery life.
At $229, the SoundTrue over-ear headphones promise plenty despite being significantly cheaper than Bose’s signature QuietComfort 3 and QuietComfort 15 models. The headphones’ highlight is the physical design that makes them the leader in comfort.
The Parrot Zik wireless headphones have been designed specifically for smartphone users. These Bluetooth headphones are packed full of some very cool technology including NFC, swipe touch sensitive controls and a jawbone sensor.
Audio-Technica's latest noise cancelling headphones are cheaper than Bose, and promise excellent sound quality. Noise cancelling blocks out 95 per cent of aircraft, office or study ambient noise, making the ATH-ANC9 headphones an investment worth considering for any serious commuter.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plantronics Explorer 395 - a Bluetooth headset for everyday use
- On the run with Adidas' miCoach Pacer
- Plantronics launches new wireless headsets at CeBIT
- Denon releases AH-NC600 noise-cancelling earphones
PCW Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCWPF .NET EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)QLD
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperVIC
- FTApplication Support Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - Technical BackgroundQLD
- CCSenior Networks Specialist - DNS PlatformVIC
- CCJunior Data ArchitectACT
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCTest AnalystWA
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- TPe-Learning Developer (Captivate 8)VIC
- CCDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Contract - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - PERMANENTACT
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSales Account Manager | Cloud Solutions | Global Tech GiantNSW
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW
- FTBid ManagerVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- TPAnalyst Workplace SupportVIC