No matter how much you love Apple gear, you’re going to have trouble loving AirPods.
We pick the best budget gaming headset and the best overall headset for your PC gaming.
The Siberia v2 series forms SteelSeries’s line of closed, passive noise-cancelling headsets. The stock headset is available in a multitude of colours from the Danish peripheral vendor, but for gamers who want something slightly different, the heat orange edition is designed to fill that niche.
The G4ME One headphones are very similar to the G4ME Zero, and at first glance present only minor aesthetic differences. The shape, size and colour scheme of the two devices are virtually identical. But there is one major difference between them.
Sennheiser’s G4ME Zero over-ear PC gaming headphones have been created in partnership with game developer, IO-Interactive, and they tick all the right boxes when it comes to sound quality.
Danish peripheral manufacturer, SteelSeries, has several lines of gaming-focused headphones, and the Flux line is at the upper end of the scale. The regular Flux headset comes with different colour options, but if you want a more premium look you can go for the Luxury Edition that we’re reviewing here.
If you’re an avid PC gamer, odds are you’ve spent a lot of money on your computer. Gaming keyboards and mice are another area that attracts significant investment, especially with the range of mechanical keyboards that are quickly becoming popular.
We’re unabashed fans of Sennheiser’s PC 360 G4ME headset from 2010 — it combined notoriously high quality headphone drivers from the audiophile-grade HD 595 with a clear, versatile noise-cancelling boom microphone.
The Gamecom 780 is the latest gaming headset from Plantronics featuring a retro design and Dolby Digital virtual 7.1 surround sound.
Sennheiser's PC 163D G4ME headset is a solid product for a gamer looking to embrace 3D positional audio — the bundled Dolby Headphone USB dongle simulates 7.1-surround sound. We preferred playing fast-paced PC games with the software boost enabled, but it did strange things to our test music. The headphones are comfortable, have good audio quality overall and are comfortable, although they leak sound at high volumes.
Sennheiser's PC 360 G4ME headset may be expensive, but it boasts good sound quality that's perfectly suited to gaming and has an excellent integrated microphone that should make fuzzy voice chat a thing of the past. It's also sturdy enough to put up with all-day fragging, even if the open ear-cup design does leak sound to the outside world. Oh, and did we mention that all this comes at a hefty asking price?
The Logitech Gaming Headset G330 is pitched at people who want a lightweight headphone/microphone combo for long gaming sessions. It provides decent sound quality for the average user, but avid gamers might end up feeling a little short-changed.
The Sound Blaster World of Warcraft Wireless Headset is not just for WoW players. Yes, it comes with a WoW-themed design and interface, but Blizzard's cardinal rule for the designers at Creative was to make it a great headset for PC gamers in general. And in that regard, Creative succeeded fantastically.
Panasonic revealed a loss of US$4bn for the 2008 financial year.
At the CeBIT tech tradeshow in Sydney, Plantronics announced the release of its Savi Go and Savi Office communications headsets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 3 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 4 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 5 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic reports $4bn loss
- Plantronics launches new wireless headsets at CeBIT
- Denon releases AH-NC600 noise-cancelling earphones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTMDM EngineerNSW