Bose is better at masking jet-engine drone, but Sony is no slouch on that score and ultimately it offers the better-sounding cans.
No matter how much you love Apple gear, you’re going to have trouble loving AirPods.
When you tell people that these headphones cost $895, people look at you sideways and dismiss them as a waste of money. A $100 pair of cans can do the same thing as these, surely, is what they'll claim. Yes, and no. What sounds good to some people, doesn't sound good to others, and audiophiles are a particularly fussy bunch by nature. That audience, as well as people who simply enjoy finely crafted products, is who AudioQuest is targeting with the NightHawk headphones.
Parrot’s Zik 2.0 headphones pack enough intelligent hardware that they could qualify as a wearable computer. Sophisticated active noise cancellation is joined by tech previously foreign to headphones making the Zik 2.0 more intuitive, to the extent that often there’s no need to handle your phone.
Bowers & Wilkins has taken the technology from its large P7 headphones and implanted them into its second generation P5. The headphones are designed for use with smartphones when out and about, and even though they’re a petite pair of headphones, they’re sure to please the most demanding of audiophiles.
Marshall has a long and glorious history in amplifier production. Chances are one of your favourite artists has used a Marshall amplifier at some point. Somehow, the sight of a Marshall stack at a concert provides a sense of comfort and familiarity, not to mention that distinctive wholesome Marshall sound. The question then arises, can Jim and his friends reproduce this in the mid-range headphone market?
Four hours into my flight from Sydney to Taiwan and the faint hum of the engines sound more like a roar. It’s not the sound that’s driving me mad, but rather the feeling it will never stop. Ever.
How do you cram almost 50 years of rock-n-roll legacy into a pair of headphones? That’s the weight on the shoulders of Marshall’s Monitor headphones, the latest headphones from the company whose amplifiers backed rock stars such as AC/DC, Eric Clapton, The Who and Jimi Hendrix.
More than three weeks have passed since we received the P7 headphones and not a day has gone by without them stealing glances and leaving us to wonder how B&W fused technology and art so effortlessly.
Sennheiser has partnered with DJs including Bob Sinclair to develop its new range of DJ headphones. The new headphones have been designed with one-ear monitoring in mind and feature elliptical cups for improved comfort.
The second generation of Beats Electronics’ Studio over-ear headphones continue the company’s tradition of balancing sound quality and fashion. While audio is the focal point of the device, there is just as much emphasis on style, shape, size, colour scheme and fit. The end result is a pair of headphones which merge detailed and dynamic sound with a comfortable design.
Sennheiser has blended form with function very well in its Momentum headphones, which are not only stylish, they also produce clear and accurate sound quality. Indeed, what you get with the Momentum headphones is a luxury audio product that delivers excellent results on all fronts: looks, build quality, comfort, and performance.
Sony’s got a long and reasonably illustrious history in consumer headphones. Anyone who was a teenager in the 2000s knew the company’s ultra-cool wrap-around Street Style ‘phones, and the $99 MDR-7506 monitors have a well-deserved home in recording studios and radio stations around the world.
Audio-Technica's latest noise cancelling headphones are cheaper than Bose, and promise excellent sound quality. Noise cancelling blocks out 95 per cent of aircraft, office or study ambient noise, making the ATH-ANC9 headphones an investment worth considering for any serious commuter.
Australian consumers have bucked the global trend towards economic downturn, buying more gadgets and digital products in the first half of 2009 than the corresponding period in any previous year.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Sennheiser's new DJ range of headphones
- LCD TVs, plasma screens and digital cameras top consumer shopping lists
- Panasonic reports $4bn loss
- Denon releases AH-NC600 noise-cancelling earphones
- Sennheiser launches HD800 headphones
PCW Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDevops EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Internet of ThingsNSW
- CCInfrastructure Test AnalystACT
- FTDeveloper - XML & JavaVIC
- FTJava Developer/IntegratorACT
- FTSupport Analyst / Production Support - InformaticaNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - NetApp SpecialistNSW
- FTBid ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCSOE EngineerACT
- CCNetwork Engineer/ Network AdministratorQLD
- FTIT Project Coordinator - Mascot/AlexandriaNSW
- CCTechnical Support AnalystACT
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- TPMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- TPOrganisational Change Manager - ICT Services TransformationQLD
- TPe-Learning Developer (Captivate 8)VIC
- CCLevel 1/2 SAP Support AnalystACT
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerNSW
- FTIt Security and process analystNSW
- FTSenior Network AdministratorNSW