Bose is better at masking jet-engine drone, but Sony is no slouch on that score and ultimately it offers the better-sounding cans.
No matter how much you love Apple gear, you’re going to have trouble loving AirPods.
When you tell people that these headphones cost $895, people look at you sideways and dismiss them as a waste of money. A $100 pair of cans can do the same thing as these, surely, is what they'll claim. Yes, and no. What sounds good to some people, doesn't sound good to others, and audiophiles are a particularly fussy bunch by nature. That audience, as well as people who simply enjoy finely crafted products, is who AudioQuest is targeting with the NightHawk headphones.
Parrot’s Zik 2.0 headphones pack enough intelligent hardware that they could qualify as a wearable computer. Sophisticated active noise cancellation is joined by tech previously foreign to headphones making the Zik 2.0 more intuitive, to the extent that often there’s no need to handle your phone.
Bowers & Wilkins has taken the technology from its large P7 headphones and implanted them into its second generation P5. The headphones are designed for use with smartphones when out and about, and even though they’re a petite pair of headphones, they’re sure to please the most demanding of audiophiles.
Marshall has a long and glorious history in amplifier production. Chances are one of your favourite artists has used a Marshall amplifier at some point. Somehow, the sight of a Marshall stack at a concert provides a sense of comfort and familiarity, not to mention that distinctive wholesome Marshall sound. The question then arises, can Jim and his friends reproduce this in the mid-range headphone market?
Four hours into my flight from Sydney to Taiwan and the faint hum of the engines sound more like a roar. It’s not the sound that’s driving me mad, but rather the feeling it will never stop. Ever.
How do you cram almost 50 years of rock-n-roll legacy into a pair of headphones? That’s the weight on the shoulders of Marshall’s Monitor headphones, the latest headphones from the company whose amplifiers backed rock stars such as AC/DC, Eric Clapton, The Who and Jimi Hendrix.
More than three weeks have passed since we received the P7 headphones and not a day has gone by without them stealing glances and leaving us to wonder how B&W fused technology and art so effortlessly.
Sennheiser has partnered with DJs including Bob Sinclair to develop its new range of DJ headphones. The new headphones have been designed with one-ear monitoring in mind and feature elliptical cups for improved comfort.
The second generation of Beats Electronics’ Studio over-ear headphones continue the company’s tradition of balancing sound quality and fashion. While audio is the focal point of the device, there is just as much emphasis on style, shape, size, colour scheme and fit. The end result is a pair of headphones which merge detailed and dynamic sound with a comfortable design.
Sennheiser has blended form with function very well in its Momentum headphones, which are not only stylish, they also produce clear and accurate sound quality. Indeed, what you get with the Momentum headphones is a luxury audio product that delivers excellent results on all fronts: looks, build quality, comfort, and performance.
Sony’s got a long and reasonably illustrious history in consumer headphones. Anyone who was a teenager in the 2000s knew the company’s ultra-cool wrap-around Street Style ‘phones, and the $99 MDR-7506 monitors have a well-deserved home in recording studios and radio stations around the world.
Audio-Technica's latest noise cancelling headphones are cheaper than Bose, and promise excellent sound quality. Noise cancelling blocks out 95 per cent of aircraft, office or study ambient noise, making the ATH-ANC9 headphones an investment worth considering for any serious commuter.
Australian consumers have bucked the global trend towards economic downturn, buying more gadgets and digital products in the first half of 2009 than the corresponding period in any previous year.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 3 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 4 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 5 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Sennheiser's new DJ range of headphones
- LCD TVs, plasma screens and digital cameras top consumer shopping lists
- Panasonic reports $4bn loss
- Denon releases AH-NC600 noise-cancelling earphones
- Sennheiser launches HD800 headphones
PCW Evaluation Team
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantWA
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- CCAutomation Developer - LinuxNSW
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ForecastingNSW
- CCInside Sales ConsultantNSW
- CCApplication Developer - FileNetQLD
- FTIT Security Team LeadNSW
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- FTBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Manager OfficeACT
- CCUnix/Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior IOS DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Digitalisation projectsQLD
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- FTArcFM/Gis Lead DeveloperNSW
- FTICT Security AnalystQLD
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!NSW
- CCTechnical Project ManagerNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity ManagerACT