The Sony Bravia KDL40ZX1 is a Full HD LCD television that uses a high-definition wireless media streamer for delivering video. It is a great demonstration of the direction LCD television technology is taking and it comes highly recommended -- if you ...
The LG 50PG30FD is an inexpensive plasma HDTV with stylish looks. Its design and its range of inputs (including three HDMI ports) will attract attention, but this model's image quality is only average.
The LG 52LG70YD is a no-frills LCD HDTV that produces good-looking images. It bears a family resemblance to its plasma sibling, the LG 50PG30FD, but the LG Electronics 52LG70YD LCD HDTV is clearly the more advanced model.
The Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX609A is an excellent plasma television that we think will remain the benchmark for a long time to come.
The InFocus IN83 is a 1080p home theatre projector using a 7 segment DLP colour wheel. In conjunction with the newest DarkChip4 video processor, this means the InFocus IN83 projector is able to produce a good native contrast ratio and static black le...
Samsung has announced three new LED-backlit television series.
The InFocus X9 is an entry level home theatre projector aimed at the average consumer. It is affordable and easy to use, with a good default colour setting and a highly detailed image. It is not designed to be a high-end home theatre projector, but i...
The Epson EH-TW3000 is a home theatre projector that provides a native Full HD 1080p resolution and plenty of picture adjustment for under $3000. The image it creates is of good quality and is almost as refined as much more expensive models
The LG BD370 is a great entry-level Blu-ray player that has excellent picture quality and DVD upscaling, as well as BD-Live support, USB playback and the ability to display YouTube videos.
The InFocus X10 is a Full HD home theatre projector with an exceptionally competitive price and great image quality. It does not have as many connectors as other high-end home theatre projectors, but we believe it is a great product overall.
The Samsung HT-BD2E is a powerful home theatre system with a built-in Blu-ray disc player. It doesn’t offer all the features of the Panasonic SC-BT105 (which has an integrated iPod dock) or the LG HT903WA (with its wireless rear speakers), but whatev...
The Sony BRAVIA KDL55XBR45 LCD television is a 55in panel with LED backlighting, Full HD 1080p resolution and a striking 'floating glass' design. This is a great recipe for a class-leading LCD television, although it does have a high price-tag.
Sharp's budget AQUOS BDHP21X Blu-ray player has good looks and performs well. However, there are competing entry-level Blu-ray players that offer more bang for your buck.
The Kogan 1080P-47 LCD TV has a much lower price tag than you would expect given the impressive image quality. It offers a 100Hz mode, dynamic contrast and digital noise reduction.
The Sharp AQUOS BDHP50X Blu-ray player provides fantastic picture quality, but its lack of BD-Live support and relatively high price are hard to ignore.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic launches high-end home theatre plasma TVs
- Sony releases first OLED television
- Sharp releases new LCD TV D77X series
- Panasonic launches world's first portable Blu-ray player
- New Panasonic Blu-ray recorders launched
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC