There was a time when it looked like HD-DVD would be winner in the battle to bring high-definition to computers and video players. Then the momentum suddenly swung to a competing standard called Blu-ray. Now, it looks like Blu-Ray is in trouble, but ...
HD Advisor - Features
May has brought a clutch of graphics-oriented gadgets from East Asia's electronics powerhouses including a couple of products featuring Toshiba's SpursEngine processor.
We've put together a guide to make sure you aren't left behind by the digital television changeover.
The budget Blu-ray player market is heating up and it has never been a better time to make the switch to the high-definition format. We've checked out the top five budget Blu-ray players and picked out the best of the bunch.
HDMI is an increasingly common connection on monitors. On some monitors it has even replaced DVI. The benefits of having a HDMI port are obvious. It is the clear connection of choice over DVI and D-Sub on newer notebooks due to its size.
In 2008 the television markets for both plasma and LCD technology shifted dramatically. LCD television prices dropped 40 per cent in 2007 and this fall continued in 2008. However, the global ‘credit crunch’ led manufacturers to hold off on normal pri...
LCD and plasma TV technologies may seem identical, but the similarities end once you look past the thin form factor and big-screen ethos. We explain the important technology behind each television type and help you decide the value of features like 1...
Flat-panel TV as thin as just 6.5-millimeters at the International Consumer Electronics Show
The economy may be sliding but innovation at Asia's tech giants is alive and well, if gadgets on show at this year's International Consumer Electronics Show are anything to go by.
In many ways, a camcorder is the perfect Christmas gift. In addition to being a great product that will last for years to come, it also lets you capture the day’s yuletide festivities from start to finish. Whether you dream of making the next Austral...
Two of the standout features of the upcoming TiVo HD are its Wishlist show searching system and its ability to recommend shows based on the user's viewing preferences. Both of these features have a huge amount of potential, if used correctly, to add ...
Keeping up with the camcorder industry can be a pretty harrowing experience. It seems like a new video codec leaps out of the woodwork to confuse and frighten us on a bi-weekly basis. SD or HD? DV or DVD? HDV or AVCHD? If you're a first-time buyer, t...
Seven's TiVo HD unit is the latest PVR to hit the Australian scene. It has all the credentials of a normal PVR, with the added bonus of an incredible amount of functionality from the TiVo service -- a built-in comprehensive program guide, show search...
For the last decade, TiVo has been the de-facto standard for personal video recorders in the US. At its core, it records digital TV broadcasts and saves them for later viewing, just like any regular PVR. What made TiVo stand out from the crowd of oth...
It was only a few months ago that Blu-ray emerged as the victor in the hotly contested war against the forces of HD-DVD. While HD-DVD is vanquished, Blu-ray can't rest on its laurels for too long -- the high-definition war is far from over. Both Inte...
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic launches high-end home theatre plasma TVs
- Sony releases first OLED television
- Sharp releases new LCD TV D77X series
- Panasonic launches world's first portable Blu-ray player
- New Panasonic Blu-ray recorders launched
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- CCSolution Architect - VMwareVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - AgileQLD
- CCFullstack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior IT Business Analyst - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTDeveloper - Java/J2EEQLD
- TPBusiness Process Analyst (Newcaslte Based)NSW
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior System AdministratorVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- FTInfrastructure Architect (Adelaide Based)VIC
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- CCUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - PERMANENTACT
- FTSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Scheduler/CoordinatorVIC
- FTL1 Application SupportWA