Holden is banking on a host of technology in its new VF Commodore to win over new car buyers. The top of the range model is the Calais V, and we've just taken one for a spin.
GPS & Car Tech
Ford's new Kuga SUV has a number of cool technology features, including a hands-free tailgate. We take a closer look at what you can expect as Ford banks on a host of technology to win over new car buyers.
Google has finally released its long-awaited Maps application for iOS.
Want basic driving directions? Help finding cheap gas? A cool way to create a digital scrapbook of your latest trip? Android has an app for that, and more
Deciding what to buy friends and loved ones gifts for Christmas is never easy, but there are plenty of little gizmos to choose from if they are technically-minded. We've put together a little list of what we think would make useful and interesting gifts, from portable speakers to iPhone apps, from vinyl-to-MP3 rippers to phone-controlled helicopters -- we've tried to keep the mix as eclectic as possible.
Looking for an apartment to rent or wondering what the latest global health crisis is? Look no further than Google Maps. Many professional and part-time map addicts have created useful Google Maps mashups that show you (in real time, or at least in near-real time) the latest information for a variety of subjects, including the latest happenings on Twitter, news from the Associated Press, and even the most recently reported UFO sightings. Check out these ten Google Maps mashups to be in the know before anybody else.
It's that time of year again, with retailers slashing prices in preparation for Christmas. We've done some research for you and compiled the best GPS navigation units that have been heavily discounted this holiday season.
Car tech: A look at what people in tech world have installed in their cars, from the completely mind-boggling to the outrageously cool.
Although popular turn-by-turn GPS apps for the iPhone, like Navigon's MobileNavigator and TomTom's Australia are yet to make an appearance on the iPad, there are plenty of other GPS apps available in the App Store.
Does your dad pride himself on being a great driver? He probably thinks that he knows his way around town without a street directory. No matter whether he's a top driver (or thinks he is), he probably isn't as capable a navigator as a GPS unit!
Embarrassing moments, unexplained car crashes, and crazy stunts. You never know what the Google Street View team is going to capture on camera next. If only an 'Undoo Button' was in play for those captured here
GPS was once merely a means to help navigate people through difficult terrain, erratic bushland and dodgy suburbs. However, the rise of smartphones has led to all sorts of novel applications for GPS technology. We take a look at the 10 best GPS-based apps for Android smartphones.
Google Earth offers a tonne of great features to play with. We run through the 10 coolest.
You've done your Christmas shopping and bought too much chocolate for Easter. Now it's World Cup time! It's hard to believe we're already in June, but why not help your getaway planning this long weekend with a new GPS unit!
We're now nearing the end of financial year, which means the sales are starting and tax return time is just around the corner. So why not pick up a budget GPS unit before 30 June?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Goodbye GPS? DARPA preparing alternative position-tracking technology
- Elon Musk: Teslas could drive themselves, today
- Nvidia unveils $10,000 autonomous driving computer
- Driverless cars in the UK gets the OK from government
- Spotify hijacks Uber speakers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW