Now has never been a better time to buy a GPS navigation device.
GPS & Car Tech
Once costing in excess of $1000, GPS navigation units, or sat navs, can now be purchased for very reasonable prices. Christmas is one of the best times to buy a GPS unit and throw away your street directory for good; the cheapest GPS devices can be b...
TomTom GPS units are some of the most recognisable on the market. The Dutch company has a great track record of producing easy-to-use sat navs featuring stylish but simple interfaces, headed by its popular, entry-level ONE range.
Navman is one of the most popular GPS brands in Australia and it is best known for providing good value for money. Competing against the European giant TomTom and US company Garmin on the navigation front, Navman has a range of GPS units at all price...
US company Garmin may not have as big a presence in Australia as it does in many European markets, but its range of portable in-car GPS units are some of the most impressive on offer. Garmin also has a huge presence in marine and handheld GPS units; ...
A Bluetooth speakerphone allows you to answer and take calls in your care without holding your phone. These are much louder and more effective than the integrated speakerphones found on most mobile phones, and will also mean you avoid a run-in with t...
Once costing in excess of $1000, you can now pick up a budget GPS unit for under $200.
Although mobile phones aren't always as reliable as dedicated in-car sat navs for navigation, a GPS-enabled mobile phone has its own advantages -- namely they fit in your pocket and you generally carry them with you wherever you go.
The dominance of Apple's iPhone is largely thanks to its App Store, and some of the most useful third-party applications come in the form of fully fledged navigation software.
Most portable GPS units have 3.5in or 4.3in screens, but displays of up to 5in are now available in sat nav devices for very reasonable prices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Goodbye GPS? DARPA preparing alternative position-tracking technology
- Elon Musk: Teslas could drive themselves, today
- Nvidia unveils $10,000 autonomous driving computer
- Driverless cars in the UK gets the OK from government
- Spotify hijacks Uber speakers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCWAN Contract ManagerACT
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW