Now has never been a better time to buy a GPS navigation device.
GPS & Car Tech
Once costing in excess of $1000, GPS navigation units, or sat navs, can now be purchased for very reasonable prices. Christmas is one of the best times to buy a GPS unit and throw away your street directory for good; the cheapest GPS devices can be b...
TomTom GPS units are some of the most recognisable on the market. The Dutch company has a great track record of producing easy-to-use sat navs featuring stylish but simple interfaces, headed by its popular, entry-level ONE range.
Navman is one of the most popular GPS brands in Australia and it is best known for providing good value for money. Competing against the European giant TomTom and US company Garmin on the navigation front, Navman has a range of GPS units at all price...
US company Garmin may not have as big a presence in Australia as it does in many European markets, but its range of portable in-car GPS units are some of the most impressive on offer. Garmin also has a huge presence in marine and handheld GPS units; ...
A Bluetooth speakerphone allows you to answer and take calls in your care without holding your phone. These are much louder and more effective than the integrated speakerphones found on most mobile phones, and will also mean you avoid a run-in with t...
Once costing in excess of $1000, you can now pick up a budget GPS unit for under $200.
Although mobile phones aren't always as reliable as dedicated in-car sat navs for navigation, a GPS-enabled mobile phone has its own advantages -- namely they fit in your pocket and you generally carry them with you wherever you go.
The dominance of Apple's iPhone is largely thanks to its App Store, and some of the most useful third-party applications come in the form of fully fledged navigation software.
Most portable GPS units have 3.5in or 4.3in screens, but displays of up to 5in are now available in sat nav devices for very reasonable prices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 3 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 4 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 5 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Goodbye GPS? DARPA preparing alternative position-tracking technology
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW