Sitting at the top of Garmin’s handheld GPS range, the Oregon 400c doesn’t have all the frills of Magellan’s Triton 2000 but it still has a host of features to suit a wide range of situations.
GPS & Car Tech - Reviews
The Moov 300 is Mio's entry-level GPS unit. Ideal for users on a budget, it manages to perform competently as a navigational device, without offering the extra features of the Moov 360 and 370 units.
The mid-range GPS unit in Mio’s new Moov line, the Moov 360 is quite similar to the top-of-the-line Moov 370. It offers many of the same features, but it doesn't include the TMC traffic antenna in the sales package
Mio’s new GPS devices all carry the “Moov” label. The top-of-the-range Moov 370 unit features text-to-speech, safety alerts and Bluetooth hands-free, and comes packaged with a TMC antenna, which enables live traffic updates.
Navigon’s entry-level GPS unit may lack text-to-speech technology and Bluetooth, but it offers most of its big brother's other features, including lane assistance, 3-D junction views and road safety features.
Navigon is the latest player to enter the portable GPS market in Australia. Its 2150max unit boasts 'lane assistance', 3-D junction views and realistic representations of street signs. It also has text-to-speech capabilities, Bluetooth hands-free sup...
Claimed to employ Australia’s most accurate maps, Laser’s Navig8r M35 is the first locally developed GPS unit. The Navig8r M35's entry-level price point is certainly misleading considering its features: it boasts locally customised text-to-speech tec...
The successor to the popular 6110 Navigator, Nokia’s latest Navigator phone features a much slimmer frame and comes equipped with an updated version of Nokia Maps software. Unfortunately, what was a great concept for the Navigator series has been rui...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Goodbye GPS? DARPA preparing alternative position-tracking technology
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSAP BPC Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTMid Level Web DeveloperNSW
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- FTDesktop Support EngineerWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantQLD
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- TPJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - BankingNSW
- CCFront End Developer with Django or Rails exp.NSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - IT Solutions - GovernmentNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA