A mid-range GPS boasting some excellent features for the asking price, the Uniden TRAX353 is a solid unit that is let down by an overly busy map screen. Despite this it offers excellent value for money and delivers reasonable performance.
GPS & Car Tech
There is no shortage of attempts by third-party developers to harness the iPhone 3G's GPS capabilities.
Touch screen mobile phones are all the rage at the moment and Nokia has finally jumped aboard with the 5800 XpressMusic, its first ever full touch screen handset. This device brings a reasonable set of features, and the 5800 XpressMusic is a fair eff...
The Uniden TRAX 436 in-car GPS navigation unit offers premium GPS functionality for a mid-range price. Although some quirks were revealed in our tests, overall it is a good compromise between price and quality.
A fully fledged Bluetooth hands-free car kit, Parrot's range-topping MKi9200 offers full compatibility with the Apple iPod range as well as the iPhone 3G.
QStarz's BT-Q1300 Travel Recorder is a Bluetooth GPS device that can be used to track and log your movements. Designed as a keyring, the BT-Q1300 can interact with Google Earth and Google Maps.
Part of the company's line-up of inexpensive and competitive products, Kogan's EziNav GPS unit is a great budget GPS unit. It offers a positive navigation experience as well as a few extra features.
Garmin's nuvi 255 offers the same features as its widescreen counterpart, the nuvi 255W, but it has a smaller and lower resolution display and a cheaper price point. This makes it a viable option for those on a budget, commanding an RRP of under $300...
With an 8-megapixel camera, 16GB of memory, Wi-Fi, built-in GPS and HSDPA connectivity, Samsung's INNOV8 i8510 is one of the most feature-packed phones we've ever reviewed.
Garmin's nuvi 255W has a similar design and user interface to most of the company's other GPS units. This is good news for consumers, as the ease of use and simple map display will please most.
A mid-range GPS commanding a reasonable price, Garmin's nuvi 265W is a compact widescreen unit featuring Bluetooth and text-to-speech technology. While it doesn't offer any other advanced features, the combination of excellent navigation and ease of ...
Google today expanded its localised Australian services with the launch of Google Transit for Adelaide. It is the second Australian city to receive the service.
Garmin claims its latest 5000 unit, which has a 5.2in touch screen, was designed with 4WD and truck drivers in mind. Just as useful in a regular car, it has an impressively simple interface, but disapprovingly it lacks an internal battery and Blueto...
GPS technology has been available in cameras for a while now, allowing users to determine where and when photos were taken. The ATP Photo Finder mini isn’t the first to bring automatic geo-tagging to the masses, but its simplicity and a nice design m...
The S150 is part of Navman’s new S-Series Platinum range of GPS devices. It provides a similar navigational experience to the top-of-the-line S300T, but it doesn't have built-in traffic and FM transmission. However, it still includes Bluetooth hands-...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Goodbye GPS? DARPA preparing alternative position-tracking technology
- Elon Musk: Teslas could drive themselves, today
- Nvidia unveils $10,000 autonomous driving computer
- Driverless cars in the UK gets the OK from government
- Spotify hijacks Uber speakers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- FTSoftware Tester | Innovation | Business FacingNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- FTData AnalystACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HP-UX/Oracle RDBMS) 160720/SA/113Asia
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA