Uniden's entry-level GPS navigation unit provides some excellent features normally reserved for more expensive models. It lacks style, isn’t compatible with the SUNA Traffic Channel and doesn’t include Bluetooth, but at this price it is pretty good v...
GPS & Car Tech - Reviews
At just $299.95, Uniden's TRAX 430 in-car GPS navigation unit provides good value for money. It offers the latest Australian maps, camera alerts, text-to-speech navigation, 3D landmarks, but Bluetooth and traffic capabilities are notable omissions.
The entry-level GPS unit in Navman’s S-Series Platinum range of in-car GPS units, the S100 lacks built-in traffic, FM transmission and Bluetooth, but provides a similar navigational experience to the more expensive models in the S-Series platinum ran...
The Thuraya SO-2510 is a far cry from the traditional large and chunky satellite phones. In fact, it's claimed to be the world's smallest satellite phone. Although not rugged or waterproof, the SO-2510 should satisfy most users' needs in terms of rel...
A mid-range GPS boasting some excellent features for the asking price, the Uniden TRAX353 is a solid unit that is let down by an overly busy map screen. Despite this it offers excellent value for money and delivers reasonable performance.
There is no shortage of attempts by third-party developers to harness the iPhone 3G's GPS capabilities.
Touch screen mobile phones are all the rage at the moment and Nokia has finally jumped aboard with the 5800 XpressMusic, its first ever full touch screen handset. This device brings a reasonable set of features, and the 5800 XpressMusic is a fair eff...
The Uniden TRAX 436 in-car GPS navigation unit offers premium GPS functionality for a mid-range price. Although some quirks were revealed in our tests, overall it is a good compromise between price and quality.
A fully fledged Bluetooth hands-free car kit, Parrot's range-topping MKi9200 offers full compatibility with the Apple iPod range as well as the iPhone 3G.
QStarz's BT-Q1300 Travel Recorder is a Bluetooth GPS device that can be used to track and log your movements. Designed as a keyring, the BT-Q1300 can interact with Google Earth and Google Maps.
Part of the company's line-up of inexpensive and competitive products, Kogan's EziNav GPS unit is a great budget GPS unit. It offers a positive navigation experience as well as a few extra features.
Garmin's nuvi 255 offers the same features as its widescreen counterpart, the nuvi 255W, but it has a smaller and lower resolution display and a cheaper price point. This makes it a viable option for those on a budget, commanding an RRP of under $300...
With an 8-megapixel camera, 16GB of memory, Wi-Fi, built-in GPS and HSDPA connectivity, Samsung's INNOV8 i8510 is one of the most feature-packed phones we've ever reviewed.
Garmin's nuvi 255W has a similar design and user interface to most of the company's other GPS units. This is good news for consumers, as the ease of use and simple map display will please most.
A mid-range GPS commanding a reasonable price, Garmin's nuvi 265W is a compact widescreen unit featuring Bluetooth and text-to-speech technology. While it doesn't offer any other advanced features, the combination of excellent navigation and ease of ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Goodbye GPS? DARPA preparing alternative position-tracking technology
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTest Analyst - HCMSNSW
- FTPMO LeadNSW
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA
- FTFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Devops EngineerVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCOrganisational Change LeadNSW
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTProduct Manager - Machine To MachineVIC
- CCOIM-IAM Environment ManagerVIC
- FTSolution Architect x 2 (ETL/SSIS)NSW
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsVIC
- FTApplication Support Analyst - Accounting SoftwareNSW
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- FTCapacity ManagerACT
- FTField EngineerVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC