Following the release of the first turn-by-turn GPS navigation app for the iPhone -- Sygic Mobile Maps 2009 -- German GPS manufacturer Navigon has launched its MobileNavigator app in Australia.
GPS & Car Tech - Reviews
LG's GM730f smartphone is exclusive to Telstra, which is also the first telco in the world to offer it. It's a Windows Mobile handset overlaid with a version of LG's S-Class interface. It runs the 6.1 version of Windows Mobile, but will be upgradeabl...
Just the third Google Android mobile phone to be released in Australia, HTC's Hero smartphone takes the platform to new heights. It follows on from the HTC Dream and the HTC Magic with Google. Featuring HTC's Sense user interface, the Hero is without...
Hot on the heels of the original Samsung Omnia i900 launched in 2008, Samsung is back with the Samsung Omnia Icon smartphone. Known as the Samsung Omnia II or the Samsung Omnia i8000 internationally, the Omnia Icon smartphone raises the bar with a ma...
After refreshing its entry-level ONE GPS unit (now called the ONE 140 IQ Routes Edition), TomTom has also upgraded its widescreen model: the TomTom XL 340. This is the second low-end TomTom GPS unit to use the company’s new IQ Routes technology, and ...
Navigon's 4350max is claimed to be one of the first GPS units on the market that learns from driving habits to plan a route, thanks to MyRoutes technology. The company's new flagship GPS device also boasts Bluetooth hands-free capabilities, Lane Assi...
Boasting an 8-megapixel camera with an LED flash and Schneider-Kreuznach lens, LG's Viewty Smart is the second mobile phone to feature LG's S-Class 3D user interface.
The first turn-by-turn GPS navigation app for the iPhone is finally here. Whereis provides the Australian maps for Sygic Mobile Maps 2009, and despite plenty of bugs that need to be ironed out this app is a good first effort.
Nokia's most anticipated mobile phone since the N95, the Nokia N97 smartphone combines a touch screen with a slide-out QWERTY keyboard.
The successor to the Touch Pro, HTC's Touch Pro2 offers a larger display and a new design that unfortunately makes it larger and heavier than its predecessor. The good news is that this is a faster and more intuitive smartphone to operate, it possess...
A successor to the original Touch Diamond, HTC's Touch Diamond 2 offers a larger display and an all-new design but most importantly its a faster and far more pleasing smartphone to use than its predecessor.
Loaded with features for the serious runner, the Garmin Forerunner 405CX is a premium GPS watch aimed at the enthusiast end of the market.
TomTom has refreshed its low-end ONE GPS units, and the entry-level unit is now the TomTom ONE 140 IQ Routes Edition. As its name suggests, this is the first low-end TomTom GPS unit to use the company’s new IQ Routes technology, and it also boasts ad...
Google is mapping the world one street at a time.
Sony Ericsson's W715 Walkman phone is a similar handset to the Sony Ericsson W705, with the exception of built-in aGPS, Vodafone-exclusive branding, and the addition of the Wayfinder Navigator application. The W715 also has a 'galactic black' design,...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Goodbye GPS? DARPA preparing alternative position-tracking technology
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Technical Specialist SQL & Sybase DBAVIC
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperWA
- CCIteration Manager - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- FTChief Enterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCService Now DeveloperVIC
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- FTInstructional Designer - eLearningSA
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementQLD
- FTMid Level Full Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- FTIT Systems ManagerNSW
- CCWintel Technical LeadVIC
- TPiOS Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Capital TradingNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - Data Migration - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW