The first Samsung mobile phone to run Google's Android operating system, the Galaxy Icon smartphone is a strong competitor to the HTC Magic and possesses a brilliant AMOLED display. Although the Galaxy Icon is fast and functional, it's disappointing ...
GPS & Car Tech
In a day and age where feature-packed, touch-screen smartphones dominate the upper tier of the mobile phone world, you can't help but feel Nokia's N86 8MP looks a little out of place. Though it offers a reliable interface, a decent features list and ...
The Mio Moov A430 is an entry-level GPS unit with a 4.3in LCD touch screen. It provides a decent selection of features for the asking price, including inbuilt safety alerts, an anti-glare display, optional live traffic updates and a gigabyte of inbui...
Garmin's latest flagship GPS unit is the nuvi 1390T. It’s a slim and compact GPS device that features a number of new features, including an excellent lane guidance function and a built-in traffic antenna.
Nokia's E Series devices are predominantly targeted at business users, but the E52's subtle design will appeal to regular consumers as well. It doesn’t have a full QWERTY keyboard, but the Nokia E52 boasts outstanding battery life, a razor-thin desig...
The original EziNav from Kogan was a fat and not very stylish GPS unit. It wasn't particularly well-built either; our review unit died after only a year's use. Its successor, the EziNav G3, is sleeker, more capable and much more refined. Though you'l...
At first glance it looks like one of the largest smartphones we've ever reviewed, but although Samsung's HD Icon is tall it’s not especially chunky. Sporting a large 3.7in AMOLED display, the aptly named HD Icon is the first mobile phone in the world...
Looking almost identical to a standalone digital camera from the back, the C903 is Sony Ericsson's latest Cyber-shot mobile phone. This camera phone takes reasonable photos, but its build quality is questionable and there really is little else to get...
A replacement for Navman's previous flagship GPS unit, the S300T, the MY500XT is the hero of the company's latest MY series. It features built-in traffic support, Australian Lonely Planet and Wcities guides and Bluetooth hands-free capabilities. It a...
TomTom has long been a popular GPS manufacturer and is no stranger to mobile platforms either, offering its navigation software on the Symbian S60 and Windows Mobile platforms. TomTom Australia is the third iPhone GPS app for Australia to offer turn-...
A mid-range mobile phone (otherwise known as a "dumbphone"), Nokia's 6700 classic won't appeal to social-networking buffs, business users or those who are interested in the latest and greatest touch-screen smartphones. A basic handset that’s well des...
Following the release of the first turn-by-turn GPS navigation app for the iPhone -- Sygic Mobile Maps 2009 -- German GPS manufacturer Navigon has launched its MobileNavigator app in Australia.
LG's GM730f smartphone is exclusive to Telstra, which is also the first telco in the world to offer it. It's a Windows Mobile handset overlaid with a version of LG's S-Class interface. It runs the 6.1 version of Windows Mobile, but will be upgradeabl...
Just the third Google Android mobile phone to be released in Australia, HTC's Hero smartphone takes the platform to new heights. It follows on from the HTC Dream and the HTC Magic with Google. Featuring HTC's Sense user interface, the Hero is without...
Hot on the heels of the original Samsung Omnia i900 launched in 2008, Samsung is back with the Samsung Omnia Icon smartphone. Known as the Samsung Omnia II or the Samsung Omnia i8000 internationally, the Omnia Icon smartphone raises the bar with a ma...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Goodbye GPS? DARPA preparing alternative position-tracking technology
- Elon Musk: Teslas could drive themselves, today
- Nvidia unveils $10,000 autonomous driving computer
- Driverless cars in the UK gets the OK from government
- Spotify hijacks Uber speakers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT