TomTom's high-end GO GPS navigation device has been given a complete refresh: The TomTom GO 1000 has a new design, a 4.3in capacitive touchscreen, and a refreshed interface. A successor to the TomTom GO 950, the GO 1000 also includes Bluetooth hands-...
GPS & Car Tech
TomTom's Start 10 is a slight refresh of the company's entry-level Start GPS unit. It's cheaper than the Start and advanced lane guidance has been added. The Start 10 sat nav is TomTom's cheapest portable navigation unit released in Australia and has...
The Kogan EziNav G4 GPS boasts a 4.3in display, text-to-speech, lane guidance, and speed and red light camera warnings, but it is let down by a display that is hard to see in sunlight.
Sat navs with 5in screens are slowly trickling onto the GPS market in Australia, but online retailer Kogan is one of the first to sell a 6in model. The massive Kogan EziNav G6 portable navigation unit may lack the slick interface of well-known compet...
Pioneer's AVIC (In-Car Entertainment Communication Navigation) navigation devices combine navigation, Bluetooth mobile phone control and audio-visual entertainment in a single unit. The new top-of-the-range Pioneer AVIC-F20BT offers a full turn-by-tu...
German company Navigon has joined TomTom, Garmin and Navman in releasing a 5in portable sat nav. The Navigon 70 Plus GPS represents good value at this price, packing in live traffic, lane guidance and junction view along with its large screen.
The Navman MY75T GPS unit is the company's first portable navigation device to feature a 5in screen. Also boasting live traffic capabilities, 3D junction views, lane guidance, Bluetooth and built-in 4WD tracks, the MY75T is well equipped with the lat...
The Navman EZY30 GPS unit is targeted at first time users thanks to its easy to use interface and a relatively low price. It offers decent value for money, but the touch screen wasn’t always responsive in our tests, and the loss of GPS reception in h...
TomTom's XL 250 GPS unit is an entry-level navigation device with a large 4.3in touchscreen. Its asking price is the same as the smaller ONE 140 and only slightly higher than the cheapest GPS in TomTom's range -- the Start -- and represents good valu...
The Navman EZY40 GPS unit targets first time users thanks to a simplified interface and a relatively low price. Its decent value for money, but a touch screen that isn't always responsive, and the loss of GPS reception in heavy CBD areas detract from...
Most GPS units have employed a similar form factor for a number of years -- generally housing a resistive touchscreen in a bulky plastic case. Garmin has gone against the grain with the nuvi 3790T, banking on an ultra-thin design and a high resolutio...
Uniden is renowned for offering value for money in the GPS market and the Uniden TRAX 4310 GPS unit certainly carries on that tradition. Equipped with a well-rounded features list that includes advanced lane guidance, 3D terrain and landmarks and saf...
The Garmin Zumo 220 is a GPS navigator designed for motorcycles, with a rugged and weatherproof body that can resist fuel splashes and road grime. It's fine for in-car use as well, with a simple charging method for its internal battery and a range of...
The Strike Genius is a GPS navigation device aimed at motorcycle and scooter riders. It offers some nifty features that make it a great all-weather riding companion.
Described by Garmin as Australia's "first online GPS," the nuvi 1690 includes an integrated wireless module that allows access to real-time, online information including Google search, traffic, weather and fuel prices. This feature-packed GPS also bo...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Goodbye GPS? DARPA preparing alternative position-tracking technology
- Elon Musk: Teslas could drive themselves, today
- Nvidia unveils $10,000 autonomous driving computer
- Driverless cars in the UK gets the OK from government
- Spotify hijacks Uber speakers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT