Commotion surrounds a new Chinese manufacturer called OnePlus and its first smartphone, the One. The promise of top-tier hardware for bottom dollar has the internet ablaze, and big guns Samsung, Apple and HTC paying attention.
GPS & Car Tech
The Cyclo 505 is a GPS unit designed specifically for cyclists. Its 3in screen feeds glanceable track information/performance stats to cyclists when at speed, and then uploads them to Magellan’s cloud for easy review over a computer.
The TomTom GO 500 introduces a completely new user interface that strips away the traditional address entry search process, and has a capacitive touch screen that offers pinch to zoom functionality. It's one of the best GPS units we've ever used.
The Navman MY450LMT GPS unit is the company's latest top of the range portable GPS unit. It's the first to come standard with monthly map updates free of charge for the life of the device, but is let down by slow software and its touch screen wasn’t ...
The Golf Buddy Voice is a GPS that's designed strictly for serious golfers. It's a tiny unit that has about 1000 Australian courses built in to it, and over 35000 from all over the world. These courses are provided for free and there are no subscript...
Nike is no stranger to the fitness game but its latest collaboration uses a helping hand from TomTom to produce a sports watch with a built-in GPS receiver. The Nike+ Sportwatch GPS is effortlessly simple and easy to use, though it is a little pricey...
When it comes to most new tech products it seems bigger is better and GPS units are clearly no exception. The Garmin nuvi 50 is a navigation unit that has a large 5in screen and it also boasts now-standard features like lane guidance and junction vie...
TomTom's Via 220 GPS unit is an entry-level navigation device. It lacks features such as Bluetooth hands-free and voice control, which can be found on the slightly more expensive Via 180, but it nevertheless remains excellent value for money, and pro...
TomTom's GO Live 820 GPS unit is a mid-range navigation device with a large 4.3in touchscreen. Its also one of the first GPS units in Australia to support TomTom’s new HD traffic service, which forms part of TomTom's Live services suite
True to the company’s name, the AppRadio is a pioneer in the car stereo market. It’s the first touchscreen in-car system to use a capacitive panel, meaning light taps rather than heavy presses are all that’s needed to navigate on-screen menus. But mo...
The Garmin Forerunner 610 is a watch with a built-in GPS and a huge range of data logging capabilities -- it’s designed to be an all-in-one tool for anyone looking to track their workouts or fitness routines. We can’t think of anything workout-wise t...
The Garmin nuvi 2360LT is a mid-range GPS navigation unit that provides a rich feature list for a reasonable price. In addition to now-standard features like lane guidance, built-in live traffic updates and Bluetooth hands-free, Garmin's nuvi 2360LT ...
Like the TomTom GO 1050, the Uniden iGO50 is a 5in GPS. It's preloaded with the latest Sensis maps, it calculates a range of routes based on your driving preferences, and it can do 3D mapping with a novel feature that helps you deal with upcoming mot...
TomTom's high-end GO GPS range now includes a model with a 5in, capacitive touchscreen. The TomTom GO 1050 features the same revamped design as the smaller GO 1000 GPS unit but with a larger display. It also comes with Bluetooth hands-free and voice ...
The TomTom VIA 180 is a mid-range GPS device with plenty of nifty features and a reasonably easy to use interface. It has a 5in resistive screen that's not always responsive, but if you hit it hard enough it will bow down to your commands. It rests b...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Goodbye GPS? DARPA preparing alternative position-tracking technology
- Elon Musk: Teslas could drive themselves, today
- Nvidia unveils $10,000 autonomous driving computer
- Driverless cars in the UK gets the OK from government
- Spotify hijacks Uber speakers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCData ArchitectSA
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT