iOS 10, the latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system, brings a variety of upgrades to Siri, 3D Touch, the Lock Screen, Maps and other features.
GPS & Car Tech
Commotion surrounds a new Chinese manufacturer called OnePlus and its first smartphone, the One. The promise of top-tier hardware for bottom dollar has the internet ablaze, and big guns Samsung, Apple and HTC paying attention.
The Cyclo 505 is a GPS unit designed specifically for cyclists. Its 3in screen feeds glanceable track information/performance stats to cyclists when at speed, and then uploads them to Magellan’s cloud for easy review over a computer.
The TomTom GO 500 introduces a completely new user interface that strips away the traditional address entry search process, and has a capacitive touch screen that offers pinch to zoom functionality. It's one of the best GPS units we've ever used.
The Navman MY450LMT GPS unit is the company's latest top of the range portable GPS unit. It's the first to come standard with monthly map updates free of charge for the life of the device, but is let down by slow software and its touch screen wasn’t ...
The Golf Buddy Voice is a GPS that's designed strictly for serious golfers. It's a tiny unit that has about 1000 Australian courses built in to it, and over 35000 from all over the world. These courses are provided for free and there are no subscript...
Nike is no stranger to the fitness game but its latest collaboration uses a helping hand from TomTom to produce a sports watch with a built-in GPS receiver. The Nike+ Sportwatch GPS is effortlessly simple and easy to use, though it is a little pricey...
When it comes to most new tech products it seems bigger is better and GPS units are clearly no exception. The Garmin nuvi 50 is a navigation unit that has a large 5in screen and it also boasts now-standard features like lane guidance and junction vie...
TomTom's Via 220 GPS unit is an entry-level navigation device. It lacks features such as Bluetooth hands-free and voice control, which can be found on the slightly more expensive Via 180, but it nevertheless remains excellent value for money, and pro...
TomTom's GO Live 820 GPS unit is a mid-range navigation device with a large 4.3in touchscreen. Its also one of the first GPS units in Australia to support TomTom’s new HD traffic service, which forms part of TomTom's Live services suite
True to the company’s name, the AppRadio is a pioneer in the car stereo market. It’s the first touchscreen in-car system to use a capacitive panel, meaning light taps rather than heavy presses are all that’s needed to navigate on-screen menus. But mo...
The Garmin Forerunner 610 is a watch with a built-in GPS and a huge range of data logging capabilities -- it’s designed to be an all-in-one tool for anyone looking to track their workouts or fitness routines. We can’t think of anything workout-wise t...
The Garmin nuvi 2360LT is a mid-range GPS navigation unit that provides a rich feature list for a reasonable price. In addition to now-standard features like lane guidance, built-in live traffic updates and Bluetooth hands-free, Garmin's nuvi 2360LT ...
Like the TomTom GO 1050, the Uniden iGO50 is a 5in GPS. It's preloaded with the latest Sensis maps, it calculates a range of routes based on your driving preferences, and it can do 3D mapping with a novel feature that helps you deal with upcoming mot...
TomTom's high-end GO GPS range now includes a model with a 5in, capacitive touchscreen. The TomTom GO 1050 features the same revamped design as the smaller GO 1000 GPS unit but with a larger display. It also comes with Bluetooth hands-free and voice ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Goodbye GPS? DARPA preparing alternative position-tracking technology
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA