If you're like me, you're well used to navigating the world with a GPS mapping app on your smartphone. But have you ever given a thought to the work that goes into getting all that information into the map? It's a lot more than just photographing str...
GPS & Car Tech - News
Nokia's new Here Maps for iPhone and iPad launched in the App Store Monday, the latest offering in the flood of navigation apps trying to take advantage of widespread dissatisfaction with Apple's new native Maps app that, in iOS 6, replaced Google as...
Nokia is planning to release an iOS app of its Maps service in the next couple of weeks
Taiwanese defense officials will ask Apple to blur satellite imagery of a previously unknown radar facility meant to provide early warning in case of a missile attack from mainland China, after the installation was accidentally outted on Apple's new ...
Good news for Dora the Explorer and other map fans: Google Maps now, for the first time, offers Street View when you access the service from Safari on an iOS device.
Consumers ranked Google Maps better than Apple's new homegrown mapping technology by more than 2 to 1 on Twitter, a social media analytics company said today.
Motorola Mobility, a division of Google, has created an ad that mocks the troubled Apple Maps application in iOS 6.
Is Apple's Maps application in iOS 6 as bad as everybody says? Let's find out?
Want basic driving directions? Help finding cheap gas? A cool way to create a digital scrapbook of your latest trip? Android has an app for that, and more
Google and the New South Wales State Government have today announced that public transport directions in Sydney are now available through Google Maps.
GPS navigation device manufacturer, TomTom, is targeting drivers of larger vehicles with the launch of its 6in Via 620 GPS unit.
On Wednesday's Windows Phone Developer Summit, Microsoft announced that Windows Phone 8 would use Nokia's mapping technology--the same mapping software you find on phones like the Lumia 900.
As expected, Apple has announced its own mapping solution for iOS 6, featuring real-time traffic conditions, turn-by-turn navigation, Yelp integration, vector graphics, and 3D flyovers. The new Maps app, due out this fall with iOS 6,
Apple on Monday announced that it was developing a new mapping service from the ground up, with the company doing the cartography by itself.
Nokia has announced it will supply traffic information and geocoding algorithms to Microsoft's Bing Maps, allowing users to learn about incidents that might disrupt their journeys and find better travel routes.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Goodbye GPS? DARPA preparing alternative position-tracking technology
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD
- CCMarketing SpecialistNSW
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- TPPerformance Test Analyst - Perth BasedQLD
- TPProject Coordinator/Junior Project ManagerVIC
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- CCBusiness Test Lead - BRT/UATNSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - Part time - Short contractACT
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSME in Openstack, AWSNSW
- FTGraduate Software EngineerNSW
- TPSolution Architect - IntegrationQLD
- CCWeb Ops EngineerACT
- CCData Engineer (SQL/Big Data/Scala)VIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD