Good news for Dora the Explorer and other map fans: Google Maps now, for the first time, offers Street View when you access the service from Safari on an iOS device.
GPS & Car Tech
Consumers ranked Google Maps better than Apple's new homegrown mapping technology by more than 2 to 1 on Twitter, a social media analytics company said today.
Motorola Mobility, a division of Google, has created an ad that mocks the troubled Apple Maps application in iOS 6.
Is Apple's Maps application in iOS 6 as bad as everybody says? Let's find out?
Want basic driving directions? Help finding cheap gas? A cool way to create a digital scrapbook of your latest trip? Android has an app for that, and more
Google and the New South Wales State Government have today announced that public transport directions in Sydney are now available through Google Maps.
GPS navigation device manufacturer, TomTom, is targeting drivers of larger vehicles with the launch of its 6in Via 620 GPS unit.
On Wednesday's Windows Phone Developer Summit, Microsoft announced that Windows Phone 8 would use Nokia's mapping technology--the same mapping software you find on phones like the Lumia 900.
As expected, Apple has announced its own mapping solution for iOS 6, featuring real-time traffic conditions, turn-by-turn navigation, Yelp integration, vector graphics, and 3D flyovers. The new Maps app, due out this fall with iOS 6,
Apple on Monday announced that it was developing a new mapping service from the ground up, with the company doing the cartography by itself.
Nokia has announced it will supply traffic information and geocoding algorithms to Microsoft's Bing Maps, allowing users to learn about incidents that might disrupt their journeys and find better travel routes.
Google is now allowed under U.S. export control rules to offer downloads in Syria of its mapping software Google Earth, photo sharing software Picasa, and its Chrome browser, it said Wednesday.
That Apple is working on a substantial update to its Maps app seems a foregone conclusion at this point. But aside from the occasional vague rumor, any features that might be contained in such an update have remained shrouded in shadow.
If you're looking to get in shape, you could simply lace up those sneakers and hit the road for a quick jog. But, if you want to get more out of your workouts, you could put a little planning in first. That's where WalkJogRun can help: This cloud-bas...
Driving may be the most hazardous thing we do every day. Combine the activity's inherent dangerousness with error-prone human drivers who are increasingly distracted by things like smartphones, and it's no surprise that the crash statistics keep goin...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Huawei female watch review: Bringing out your inner fashionista
- 4 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 5 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Goodbye GPS? DARPA preparing alternative position-tracking technology
- Elon Musk: Teslas could drive themselves, today
- Nvidia unveils $10,000 autonomous driving computer
- Driverless cars in the UK gets the OK from government
- Spotify hijacks Uber speakers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCData Integration specialistACT
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW