Australian telematics provider Intelematics today launched the SUNA Traffic Channel for Sydney and Brisbane.
GPS & Car Tech - News
Satellite navigation devices, the ubiquitous GPS interfaces that many have in their cars, are, it seems, the cause for more than their fair share of accidents and risky driving practices in the UK.
The CSIRO has developed a new wireless localisation system with the ability to track, sense and communicate in areas where GPS and other wireless technologies cannot work.
Microsoft has released an API that allows Web sites to send location information to GPS navigation devices as part of an expansion of its MSN Direct services.
Satnav devices are responsible for 300,000 road accidents every year, according to insurance firm Direct Line.
Portable GPS manufacturer Garmin has posted the source code for its Linux-based Nuvi 8xx and 5xxx series portable in-car GPS devices on its Web site
Skyhook Wireless has released the latest version of its positioning software, adding new algorithms to blend Wi-Fi and GPS signal data to boost accuracy data, and using cellular signals as a new option for mobile devices to fix their location.
Roadworkers tunnelling through the Devil's Slide, a perilously landslide-prone area on California's Highway 1, are using laser scanning software developed by the National Science Foundation [NSF] to safely plan the tunnel route.
Microsoft on Tuesday introduced its first-ever embedded OS for portable devices that use GPS (global positioning system) and maps to get people where they want to go.
The most important iPhone announcement from Monday's keynote presentation at the Apple WWDC wasn't the 3G news. Faster speeds were pretty much a given, considering the pokey download speeds of the first-generation iPhones. Nor was it the news about M...
Car audio and navigation maker Clarion has unveiled a new prototype of its handheld mobile Internet navigator device that's due to be launched later this year.
Google hopes to make it easier for users to get from point A to point B by integrating its Google Maps Street View images with Google Maps driving directions to provide visual images like this of an entire driving route.
Europe's Galileo satellite navigation system took another step forward on Sunday with the launch of a second experimental satellite.
Garmin has announced its entrance into the mobile phone market with the nuvifone – an all-in-one touch screen device that combines a phone, mobile Web-browser, and personal navigator.
Yahoo! India introduced a new service for the first time in India - maps in local Indian languages and walking directions.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Goodbye GPS? DARPA preparing alternative position-tracking technology
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001VIC
- FTAPI Design LeadVIC
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTStorage Systems Administrator l HDS & EMC TechnologiesNSW
- FTManager - Superannuation ConsultingNSW
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- TPLead Project ManagerQLD
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ DeveloperSA
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCIT SharePoint SpecialistNSW
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- CCProcess Project Manager X 2VIC
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)NSW