Satnav devices are responsible for 300,000 road accidents every year, according to insurance firm Direct Line.
GPS & Car Tech
Portable GPS manufacturer Garmin has posted the source code for its Linux-based Nuvi 8xx and 5xxx series portable in-car GPS devices on its Web site
Skyhook Wireless has released the latest version of its positioning software, adding new algorithms to blend Wi-Fi and GPS signal data to boost accuracy data, and using cellular signals as a new option for mobile devices to fix their location.
Roadworkers tunnelling through the Devil's Slide, a perilously landslide-prone area on California's Highway 1, are using laser scanning software developed by the National Science Foundation [NSF] to safely plan the tunnel route.
Microsoft on Tuesday introduced its first-ever embedded OS for portable devices that use GPS (global positioning system) and maps to get people where they want to go.
The most important iPhone announcement from Monday's keynote presentation at the Apple WWDC wasn't the 3G news. Faster speeds were pretty much a given, considering the pokey download speeds of the first-generation iPhones. Nor was it the news about M...
Car audio and navigation maker Clarion has unveiled a new prototype of its handheld mobile Internet navigator device that's due to be launched later this year.
Google hopes to make it easier for users to get from point A to point B by integrating its Google Maps Street View images with Google Maps driving directions to provide visual images like this of an entire driving route.
Europe's Galileo satellite navigation system took another step forward on Sunday with the launch of a second experimental satellite.
Garmin has announced its entrance into the mobile phone market with the nuvifone – an all-in-one touch screen device that combines a phone, mobile Web-browser, and personal navigator.
Yahoo! India introduced a new service for the first time in India - maps in local Indian languages and walking directions.
TomTom's acquisition of mapping company Tele Atlas has dragged on longer than expected, held up by an investigation by the European Union's antitrust authority, which must approve the merger. TomTom has extended its offer for another two months.
Australia has finally joined Google Transit more than two years after its US launch.
Founded in 1935, Roto-Rooter Group has flushed out the competition because its plumbers arrive on the same day of a cry for help to clear a clog or fix a leak.
The latest addition to the Pioneer navigation range is the AVIC-F500BT, a system that combines the power of an in-dash navigation unit with the convenience of a portable device.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Goodbye GPS? DARPA preparing alternative position-tracking technology
- Elon Musk: Teslas could drive themselves, today
- Nvidia unveils $10,000 autonomous driving computer
- Driverless cars in the UK gets the OK from government
- Spotify hijacks Uber speakers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSAP Solution ArchitectACT
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCProject Support Officer (Project Scheduler)WA
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/SQL Server) 160812/AP/553Asia