Navigon has announced the launch of three new GPS navigation units in Australia, with the German company claiming the new devices — the Navigon 1300, Navigon 3300max and Navigon 4350max — are the first on the market that learn from an ind...
GPS & Car Tech
Nokia has announced the launch of a new version of its Ovi Maps software. It now includes live traffic updates delivered by Australian company Sentinel.
Previous attempts to create a mass-market satellite phone may have failed miserably--just ask the backers of Globalstar, Iridium, and Odyssey--but a Virginia-based satellite firm believes it has a better solution that just may work this time.
Navman Australia today announced the launch of a new range of portable GPS navigation units, the MY series. The company claims the GPS units offer a host of new features that provide "rich information" to consumers. Navman also revealed it has "no pl...
The first full turn-by-turn navigation app for the iPhone has been launched — and it isn't from TomTom.
Google's popular and yet controversial (in some places) Street View service received a nifty update, in the shape of smart navigation. By now, users had to navigate through Street View using some pretty basic forward and backward arrows along the roa...
GPS manufacturer TomTom will release a dedicated app and car kit for the iPhone that turns the smartphone into a fully fledged navigation unit.
The U.S. Air Force late last month disputed a General Accountability Office report concluding that the Global Positioning System used by the military and millions of motorists worldwide may be in danger of disruption unless aging satellites are repla...
The sky isn't falling and neither is the Global Positioning System, the U.S. Air Force said during a Twitter news conference. "No, the GPS will not go down," tweeted Col. Dave Buckman of the Air Force's Space Command. "GAO points out, there is potent...
The Global Positioning System in use by the U.S. military, as well as millions of motorists globally as they navigate roadways, is not in danger of going down, although there is some risk of degraded performance as reported by a government accountabi...
Google has released a new API for Google Maps designed to relieve developers of the burden of maintaining their own repositories for geographical data.
Germany and Google remained at odds Wednesday over how the company holds certain data used for its Street View map imagery.
Google has revealed that it plans to photograph areas of public interest and natural beauty for its StreetView service.
The Global Positioning System faces the possibility of failures and blackouts, a federal watchdog agency has warned the U.S. Congress. Mismanagement by and underinvestment by the U.S. Air Force places the GPS at risk of failure in 2010 and beyond. Th...
The world's Global Positioning System (GPS) could collapse next year, say US officials.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Goodbye GPS? DARPA preparing alternative position-tracking technology
- Elon Musk: Teslas could drive themselves, today
- Nvidia unveils $10,000 autonomous driving computer
- Driverless cars in the UK gets the OK from government
- Spotify hijacks Uber speakers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCSQL Database Administrator - DBANSW
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Test Analyst | End to End TestingNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCPortfolio Delivery ManagerACT
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia