Car service company Uber has partnered with music streaming service Spotify to allow playlists to be played in Uber taxis.
GPS & Car Tech
Top speed and volume restrictions can be placed on select 2015 Fords, including the Mustang, with the rolling out of the company’s supervisory MyKey technology.
Ford Australia invited Good Gear Guide to its design quarters in Melbourne for a behind-the-scenes look at production technologies and its upcoming Everest concept.
True to the company’s name, the AppRadio is a pioneer in the car stereo market. It’s the first touchscreen in-car system to use a capacitive panel, meaning light taps rather than heavy presses are all that’s needed to navigate on-screen menus. But more importantly than that, it’s the first device that integrates (almost) seamlessly with an iPhone 4 to run its apps and use its processing power.
Everybody loves gadgets, but there is something about gadgets and cars that just screams cool.
A fully fledged Bluetooth hands-free car kit, Parrot's range-topping MKi9200 offers full compatibility with the Apple iPod range as well as the iPhone 3G.
A little brother to the CPC-1100, Azentek’s CPC-1100 boasts the same features and functionality of its sibling, but fits into a standard single DIN dash slot, making it ideal for vehicles that don’t have the space for a double DIN unit.
Claimed to be the world's first fully integrated in-car PC, Azentek’s CPC-1200 is a navigation and entertainment system designed to fit into a standard double DIN dash slot. Providing all the features of a regular car stereo, the CPC-1200 also offers a complete navigational experience, mobile phone integration via Bluetooth, multimedia playback and optional automotive diagnostic capabilities. While it may be an impressive list of features, you’ll pay a premium for them.
The Harman Kardon Drive + Play is an excellent gadget that allows you to control and listen to your iPod in the car. Although it's not without its faults, it does a very good job of emulating the controls and display of your iPod - and best of all it sounds excellent.
Keep the kids quiet and friends entertained with in-car multimedia. We'll tell you what you need.
With the iPod phenomenon making MP3 players one of the biggest movers in electronics over the past few years, the accessory market has literally exploded, with many companies rushing in for a piece of the pie. Unfortunately, rushing to make a product isn't always the best solution and it seems Crest have fallen into this trap, producing a barely useable product that fails in almost every department.
It's time to throw away your old 8-track and get audiophilic with the latest in car stereo systems.
This portable DVD player from NU is an excellent option for those looking for an affordable device for in-car DVD playback, provided that they don't mind substandard image and audio quality. We're not being facetious either; quality is what we look for in massive LCD and plasma television sets, not seven inch portable DVD players. While image quality does suffer on the Cinetrek, it is in fact a very viable choice for in car entertainment.
Imagine a world where the endless barrage of "are we there yet?" is replaced by the silence of childhood contentment. The Sony MV-700HR Dream Station can make this a reality. An in-car multimedia system, the Dream Station can be attached to the headrest of the front seats, allowing the passengers to view DVD Video, listen to MP3 or the bop away to the radio.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCWAN Contract ManagerACT
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia