They’re rugged, small and usually quite ugly. Off-road GPS devices remain unfamiliar to most, but they can be useful for novice and experienced bushwalkers alike. Although there aren’t as many players in the off-road market, the product range still r...
GPS & Car Tech - Features
Navigon, one of the world’s leading providers of navigation systems, has launched its first portable navigation systems for the Australian market.
Maps from centuries past, paths of satellites whizzing by, global warming brought to life: User-created Google Earth mashups present a dizzying array of information in a new and imaginative graphical form.
For small businesses, every bit of exposure is worth its weight in gold. In Australia, statistics show that there were nearly 1.93 million small businesses in 2006–07, representing about 96 per cent of all active businesses in the country.
Two weeks ago, Intelematics launched the SUNA Traffic System in Sydney and Brisbane. Although the channel has been in use in Melbourne over the past year the technology is relatively new to Australia, particularly in comparison to Europe and North Am...
The AVIC-F500BT and the AVIC-F900BT are Pioneer's next generation of in-car integrated solutions. The AVIC-F series combines in-car entertainment systems with the latest in navigation technology and information systems. Both units offer a complete au...
TomTom Australia has recently unveiled its latest, top-of-the-range portable navigation device. The GO 930 includes the latest maps of 37 countries, features enhanced positioning technology (EPT) for uninterrupted navigation in tunnels, and comes pac...
With summer finally upon us, the sunshine's (sort of) beating down. The weather's getting (a bit) hotter, and so are the gadgets. Here's our top nine products announces in Japan this month.
Geolocation, or geotagging, of photos seems to be all the rage at the moment. It allows users to add GPS data to their photos, so that mapping software can recognise and pinpoint the location where the photo was taken. It lets users search, locate, o...
As consumer demand for GPS increases, many mobile makers are squeezing satellite navigation into their devices. Check out these 10 new GPS smart phones.
GPS (Global Positioning System) technology is all the buzz at the moment and although the space is continuing to grow, there are a plethora of options available on the Australian market. What's the best one for you?
GPS (Global Positioning System) technology has been around for decades. However, it's only over the past few years that most people instantly connect GPS with in-car navigators. These nifty devices ensure that you'll be able to throw away the old str...
Quick looks at the coolest new devices for the Apple fans in your life.
The new year began with the tech blow-out that is the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Many of the big Asian tech companies were at the event showing their latest gadgets, and some interesting new technology that will be availabl...
The Web has been in 2.0 mode for a while now, and in-car tech is starting to follow suit.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Goodbye GPS? DARPA preparing alternative position-tracking technology
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Database AdministratorVIC
- FTSales Account Manager | Cloud Solutions | Global Tech GiantNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)ACT
- TPProject Coordinator/Junior Project ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Strategist - Global Consulting FirmACT
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTSystem EngineerVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTJava Developer - Fixed Term ContractQLD
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT role - Recent IT TAFE GraduateNSW
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCBusiness Test Lead - BRT/UATNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTSupport and Operations Team LeadNSW
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTInfrastructure Security Compliance OfficerNSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Enterprise Information SharingQLD
- FTInfrastructure Architect (Adelaide Based)VIC
- CCTest Automation EngineerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Adelaide basedVIC
- FTClient Delivery ManagerSA