Does your dad pride himself on being a great driver? He probably thinks that he knows his way around town without a street directory. No matter whether he's a top driver (or thinks he is), he probably isn't as capable a navigator as a GPS unit!
GPS & Car Tech
One of the odd aspects of the Facebook event launching the new Facebook Places service was the participation, support, and partnership of competing location-based check-in services.
GPS was once merely a means to help navigate people through difficult terrain, erratic bushland and dodgy suburbs. However, the rise of smartphones has led to all sorts of novel applications for GPS technology. We take a look at the 10 best GPS-based...
Augmented reality, long a staple of science fiction, is here, there and everywhere. A search on Google News brings up nearly 700 recent stories about the technology and the companies that claim to offer it.
Google Earth offers a tonne of great features to play with. We run through the 10 coolest.
Suddenly, there are two kinds of people. The first kind loves location-based social networking services like Foursquare. They speak in an alien language about "Mayors" and "Badges" and broadcast their locations to the world.
You've done your Christmas shopping and bought too much chocolate for Easter. Now it's World Cup time! It's hard to believe we're already in June, but why not help your getaway planning this long weekend with a new GPS unit!
We're now nearing the end of financial year, which means the sales are starting and tax return time is just around the corner. So why not pick up a budget GPS unit before 30 June?
Screw Android 2.2. Forget the new iPhone. Nokia and Yahoo have some news.
Everybody loves gadgets, but there is something about gadgets and cars that just screams cool.
Nineteenth century American lawyer George Graham Vest coined the phrase, "The best friend a man has is his dog," in 1870. But it's now the 21st century, and man (and woman!) has a new best friend: a GPS.
You've done your Christmas shopping and bought too much chocolate for Easter. It's hard to believe we're already in late April, but why not help your getaway planning this long weekend with a new GPS unit!
Facebook wants to know "What's on your mind?" Twitter asks "What's happening?" But that's getting old already. The burning question for the next wave of social networking is "Where are you?"--and services like Foursquare, Gowalla, Brightkite, and Loo...
It's hard to believe Easter has crept up upon us already; it only seems like yesterday that we were doing our Christmas shopping! As Easter comes around, so do more holidays — and any time off work or school gets a big tick from us!
BlackBerry Bold 9700 smartphone, Garmin nuvi 225W GPS, Medion Akoya E4360 D desktop PC from ALDI, and more!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Goodbye GPS? DARPA preparing alternative position-tracking technology
- Elon Musk: Teslas could drive themselves, today
- Nvidia unveils $10,000 autonomous driving computer
- Driverless cars in the UK gets the OK from government
- Spotify hijacks Uber speakers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW