It's that time of year again when most of us fret over what to buy for our loved ones. Fear not, though, for our Christmas Gift Guide can set you in the right direction, no matter what your budget.
GPS & Car Tech
Ford Australia invited Good Gear Guide to its design quarters in Melbourne for a behind-the-scenes look at production technologies and its upcoming Everest concept.
Budget smartphones keep getting better as software matures and components become cheaper. Some companies have produced inexpensive smartphones that are good enough to replace your big-brand flagship. Others haven’t had the same success.
Holden is banking on a host of technology in its new VF Commodore to win over new car buyers. The top of the range model is the Calais V, and we've just taken one for a spin.
While self-driving cars may be safe and efficient, they certainly won't be economical in terms of data storage, according to one big data strategist.
Ford's new Kuga SUV has a number of cool technology features, including a hands-free tailgate. We take a closer look at what you can expect as Ford banks on a host of technology to win over new car buyers.
The furor over Apple's Maps app has diminished somewhat since it peaked shortly after the release of iOS 6, but there are still people who have been holding out on upgrading to Apple's latest mobile operating system, worried about what they might los...
Despite its aesthetic achievements, Apple's Maps app in iOS 6 left a lot of users unhappy. Turns out that the years Google spent building out its mapping data were hugely important; Apple's data - which powered its new Maps app - didn't have the rea...
Google has finally released its long-awaited Maps application for iOS.
Microsoft has set its sights on Google Maps, adding more than 165 terabytes of new satellite imagery to Bing Maps. This is the biggest ever data release for Bing Maps, which had 129TB of data at its disposal.
Looking for an apartment to rent or wondering what the latest global health crisis is? Look no further than Google Maps. Many professional and part-time map addicts have created useful Google Maps mashups that show you (in real time, or at least in n...
If you're looking to buy a dedicated GPS navigation device, you'll quickly discover that every manufacturer offers an almost dizzying array of products -- each with slightly different features. The challenge, then, is to determine which features are ...
It's that time of year again, with retailers slashing prices in preparation for Christmas. We've done some research for you and compiled the best GPS navigation units that have been heavily discounted this holiday season.
Car tech: A look at what people in tech world have installed in their cars, from the completely mind-boggling to the outrageously cool.
Although popular turn-by-turn GPS apps for the iPhone, like Navigon's MobileNavigator and TomTom's Australia are yet to make an appearance on the iPad, there are plenty of other GPS apps available in the App Store.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Goodbye GPS? DARPA preparing alternative position-tracking technology
- Elon Musk: Teslas could drive themselves, today
- Nvidia unveils $10,000 autonomous driving computer
- Driverless cars in the UK gets the OK from government
- Spotify hijacks Uber speakers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCProject Manager XPLANNSW
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCAutomation Test Engineer with Baseline clearance (or higher)VIC
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCOperational Applications Support AnalystNSW
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCBig Data SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia