The Discovery Channel has launched a cool Web application that gives users a three-dimensional view of planet Earth and lets them manipulate the globe with near-real-time views of the clouds, water vapor and rainfall.
You may drive a sporty new car with the latest in gizmotronics, but to your kids (and grandkids) it will look like a Stanley Steamer. At last November's Los Angeles Car Show, eight major carmakers rolled out their visions of how vehicles will look in...
One of the most frustrating and crammed stretches of highway for drivers in the nation runs between New Jersey and North Carolina on Interstate 95, and GPS-based real-time traffic technology is being called to the rescue starting this summer.
Google has created a real-time viewer that allows users to watch as other users around the world make changes to locations on the maps, the company announced Thursday.
Google's Maps application is making headway against the number-one ranked map Web site Mapquest, according to an analyst from Hitwise, which examines Internet usage data.
Google is coming for you. In fact, Google's minions are driving Chevy Cobalts with roof-mounted 360-degree digital cameras, and they want to take your picture. Smile! You're on Googlecam.
The GPS gold rush is in full swing at the 2008 Consumer Electronics Show, with industry veterans introducing increasingly sophisticated navigation systems while newcomers try to get a foot in the door.
Silicon vendor Atheros Communications has agreed to acquire u-Nav Microelectronics, a GPS (Global Positioning System) chip maker, for approximately $US54 million in cash and stock, the companies announced after the close of trading Thursday.
Cambridge Silicon Radio PLC, a designer of wireless chips, will buy two software companies whose technology it claims will drop the cost of putting GPS into mobile devices.
GPS products maker Garmin has pulled out of its bidding war to buy digital maps company Tele Atlas, and instead extended its contract with rival maps company Navteq.
The European initiative to build a system of satellites rivaling the U.S. GPS system, dubbed 'Galileo,' is finally moving forward.
The Australian National University (ANU) is conducting a world-first program to digitally map the southern sky using a specially constructed telescope called Skymapper, and in another global first will provide the data free to the world via a virtual...
In the face of ethical concerns, Google is considering changes to its Street View Google Maps feature that would protect the privacy of those it photographs.
Wachovia is working on a project of staggering scope: A 3-D map of the firm's data-center operations.
Hitachi has launched a microsite specifically dedicated to GPS to coincide with the launch of their latest units.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 2 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 3 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 4 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 5 Apple Watch review: saving time
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- GPS system could begin to fail within a year
- SUNA improves iPhone GPS traffic updates
- Telstra launches Whereis Navigator Traffic
- TomTom sues Microsoft for patent infringement
- Google Earth now shows latest images of Mars
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW