TomTom has launched a free online route planner. Currently available in a closed beta testing program, the route planner lets users create a door-to-door route that uses 500 billion historic speed measurements taken from across the world, along with ...
New software has been released that turns GPS enabled GSM mobile phones into sophisticated personal tracking devices.
Nokia continues to push navigation on mobile phones, announcing Tuesday at its World 08 conference in Barcelona a version of its Maps software as well as Maps on Ovi, which will compete with Google Maps.
The terrorists that attacked various locations in south Mumbai last week used digital maps from Google Earth to learn their way around, according to officials investigating the attacks.
Google Monday launched Street View on Google Maps in New Zealand. Street View lets users view and navigate 360 degree street-level imagery of local cities, towns, regions and remote areas.
Researchers from Nokia and the University of California in Berkeley will go live with a new project this week that aims to cull GPS data from thousands of mobile phones in order to tell drivers which San Francisco Bay Area roads are backed up and whi...
TomTom Australia today announced the launch of its refreshed GO range — the TomTom GO 730 and TomTom GO 930.
Google Maps are about to get a lot sharper thanks to GeoEye-1, the world's highest resolution commercial satellite that was launched on September 6 from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California aboard a rocket carrying the Google logo.
Mozilla has released an add-on to Firefox that enables the browser to automatically pinpoint a user's location by communicating with Wi-Fi signals so Web sites can provide customized content to users.
Navman Australia today announced the launch of a completely new range of GPS units, the S-Series Platinum. Building on the success of the original S-Series, the new units feature brushed metal casing, a scrollable “glide” touch screen, a completely n...
Nokia Australia this morning announced the availability of its flagship N-Series handset, the N96.
Google has been steadily upgrading its Google Maps for mobile applications since 2007 and Wednesday added free walking directions and the ability to find street view imagery on a mobile device, the same as it has made possible with a desktop computer...
The highest resolution commercial Earth imaging satellite to date, the GeoEye-1, was launched over the weekend on a Delta-II rocket that carried the Google logo alongside the GeoEye logo on its side.
Satellite tracking specialist phantomEye has unveiled a GPS-based electronic log book designed to detect employee misuse of company vehicles.
The success of online services such as Google Maps, as well as satnav devices and mapping software, is putting churches, woodlands and stately homes in danger of being forgotten.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- GPS system could begin to fail within a year
- SUNA improves iPhone GPS traffic updates
- Telstra launches Whereis Navigator Traffic
- TomTom sues Microsoft for patent infringement
- Google Earth now shows latest images of Mars
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC