Pick up some great gear, including a 50in plasma TV, a Samsung mobile and a JVC camcorder
Alienware has announced the availability of five new gaming systems for the Australian market. Among the new models are a powerful 15in gaming notebook -- the Alienware M15x -- as well as four liquid-cooled Intel Core i7-equipped desktop systems.
This week you can grab some great bargains -- a 50in Full HD plasma TV for under $2000, a cheap laptop, a bargain GPS and a cut-price TiVo bundle!
Mark our words: the Sony EyePet is going to be big. And when we say big, we really mean it (i.e. – think Hurley-out-of-Lost proportions). Like Nintendogs and Tamagotchi before it, Sony’s latest EyeToy innovation appeals to anyone who has ever stared wistfully into a pet store window. Spend half-an-hour with the EyePet and you’ll feel a pressing desire to adopt it.
Sydney Australia, 9/9/09: To celebrate the worldwide release of The Beatles: Rock Band, Electronic Arts threw an exclusive media event at the Diamant Hotel Penthouse. The Aria chart-topping rock band Short Stack were on hand to get the Beatlemania in full swing. We managed to wrest the controls away from the real-life rock stars to test the game ourselves: check out the rest of the slideshow for our verdict.
Whether you’re a Sony fanboy or a staunch Xbox loyalist, it can’t be denied that the redesigned, re-priced PlayStation 3 is a pretty big deal. Suddenly, the world’s most prohibitively expensive games console is a whole lot more affordable. The Sony faithful are already rattling their sabres and declaring the console war won – and if last week’s sales are anything to go by, they might actually have a point. One thing’s for sure, if you’re an Xbox 360 owner, the question “should I make the switch?” has never been more prevalent.
Not content to let the past go peacefully, GamePro looks back at a generation of video games that started the first console war, brought arcade games back from the brink, and showed gamers what 3D graphics could do in a cartridge.
This week, Sony's redesigned PlayStation 'Slim' console hit store shelves around the globe with an Australian RRP of $499. In other words, you now have three high-end gaming consoles to choose from -- the PS3 Slim, the Xbox 360 Elite and the original PlayStation 3 (while stocks last).
Need to pick up a last minute Father's Day gift? Or just want to splurge on yourself? Check out some of the great deals we've rounded up.
Official screenshots are released for Sony's upcoming racing simulation game for the PlayStation 3
Once upon a time, playing videogames was as socially acceptable as owning a 12-sided dice. It was something that nerds did in-between Star Trek marathons and zit-popping – at least, that was the popular perception in the playgrounds of the time. To talk incessantly about videogames was to invite wedgie annihilation from all directions. Needless to say, it was a dangerous time to be a gamer.
Screenshots show V8 Supercar models in-game
At an event held in a Sydney Lamborghini showroom today, V8 Supercars Australia announced a partnership that will see eight V8 Supercars appearing in the upcoming Forza Motorsport 3 racing simulation on Xbox 360.
Grab a big-screen TV, a great smartphone, a cheap printer and more!
Today, Xbox Australia threw a special media event at the Ivy Penthouse, Sydney, to showcase the new products and services coming to Xbox Live. We managed to get some hands-on time with Activision's DJ Hero and were suitably spun out by the results. Check out the rest of the slideshow to see the game in action.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- This week in games: Blizzard ditches Battle.net, Gears of War 4 adds PC split-screen
- Forza Horizon 3 (PC) review impressions: Get ready to make your graphics card sweat
- How Xbox Project Scorpio and the PS4 Pro can play 4K games: Visual compromises
- Games yanked from Steam after developer sues users for nasty negative reviews
- BioShock Remastered's brand new PC port is just as bad as the old one
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT