Alienware has announced the availability of five new gaming systems for the Australian market. Among the new models are a powerful 15in gaming notebook -- the Alienware M15x -- as well as four liquid-cooled Intel Core i7-equipped desktop systems.
This week you can grab some great bargains -- a 50in Full HD plasma TV for under $2000, a cheap laptop, a bargain GPS and a cut-price TiVo bundle!
Mark our words: the Sony EyePet is going to be big. And when we say big, we really mean it (i.e. – think Hurley-out-of-Lost proportions). Like Nintendogs and Tamagotchi before it, Sony’s latest EyeToy innovation appeals to anyone who has ever stared wistfully into a pet store window. Spend half-an-hour with the EyePet and you’ll feel a pressing desire to adopt it.
Sydney Australia, 9/9/09: To celebrate the worldwide release of The Beatles: Rock Band, Electronic Arts threw an exclusive media event at the Diamant Hotel Penthouse. The Aria chart-topping rock band Short Stack were on hand to get the Beatlemania in full swing. We managed to wrest the controls away from the real-life rock stars to test the game ourselves: check out the rest of the slideshow for our verdict.
Whether you’re a Sony fanboy or a staunch Xbox loyalist, it can’t be denied that the redesigned, re-priced PlayStation 3 is a pretty big deal. Suddenly, the world’s most prohibitively expensive games console is a whole lot more affordable. The Sony faithful are already rattling their sabres and declaring the console war won – and if last week’s sales are anything to go by, they might actually have a point. One thing’s for sure, if you’re an Xbox 360 owner, the question “should I make the switch?” has never been more prevalent.
Not content to let the past go peacefully, GamePro looks back at a generation of video games that started the first console war, brought arcade games back from the brink, and showed gamers what 3D graphics could do in a cartridge.
This week, Sony's redesigned PlayStation 'Slim' console hit store shelves around the globe with an Australian RRP of $499. In other words, you now have three high-end gaming consoles to choose from -- the PS3 Slim, the Xbox 360 Elite and the original PlayStation 3 (while stocks last).
Need to pick up a last minute Father's Day gift? Or just want to splurge on yourself? Check out some of the great deals we've rounded up.
Official screenshots are released for Sony's upcoming racing simulation game for the PlayStation 3
Once upon a time, playing videogames was as socially acceptable as owning a 12-sided dice. It was something that nerds did in-between Star Trek marathons and zit-popping – at least, that was the popular perception in the playgrounds of the time. To talk incessantly about videogames was to invite wedgie annihilation from all directions. Needless to say, it was a dangerous time to be a gamer.
Screenshots show V8 Supercar models in-game
At an event held in a Sydney Lamborghini showroom today, V8 Supercars Australia announced a partnership that will see eight V8 Supercars appearing in the upcoming Forza Motorsport 3 racing simulation on Xbox 360.
Grab a big-screen TV, a great smartphone, a cheap printer and more!
Today, Xbox Australia threw a special media event at the Ivy Penthouse, Sydney, to showcase the new products and services coming to Xbox Live. We managed to get some hands-on time with Activision's DJ Hero and were suitably spun out by the results. Check out the rest of the slideshow to see the game in action.
It's only been alive for just over four years now and already Sony's PlayStation Portable has accumulated a gargantuan library of games, with must-play titles that span every genre from action that matches the quality found in console games
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Blizzard is not so flattered with alleged Warcraft copycat from China
- Nvidia outs GeForce GTX 960M and GeForce GTX 950M GPUs for thin gaming laptops
- New hardware spurs strong growth for video games sales in Australia
- Windows 10 powers up PC gaming with DirectX 12, native DVR, deep Xbox integration
- The Vibe Band VB10, Lenovo's first wearable, is slim and stylish but slow
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW