Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 by Activision for PC is a combat FPS and the sixth game in the Call of Duty series. Comparable to the "Mile High Club" epilogue mission in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is a "Special Ops" mode that consists of isolated missions in a variety of settings unrelated to the campaign story. The main campaign is single-player only, but the "Special Ops" mode supports two-player cooperative play. Missions in this mode were created from portions of levels in the campaign, and feature such scenarios as a snowmobile race, a battle alongside U.S. Navy SEALs, and fending off a wave of 50 enemies at once. The game will be released worldwide on 10 November.
Games - Slideshows
Pick up some great gear, including a 50in plasma TV, a Samsung mobile and a JVC camcorder
Alienware has announced the availability of five new gaming systems for the Australian market. Among the new models are a powerful 15in gaming notebook -- the Alienware M15x -- as well as four liquid-cooled Intel Core i7-equipped desktop systems.
This week you can grab some great bargains -- a 50in Full HD plasma TV for under $2000, a cheap laptop, a bargain GPS and a cut-price TiVo bundle!
Mark our words: the Sony EyePet is going to be big. And when we say big, we really mean it (i.e. – think Hurley-out-of-Lost proportions). Like Nintendogs and Tamagotchi before it, Sony’s latest EyeToy innovation appeals to anyone who has ever stared wistfully into a pet store window. Spend half-an-hour with the EyePet and you’ll feel a pressing desire to adopt it.
Sydney Australia, 9/9/09: To celebrate the worldwide release of The Beatles: Rock Band, Electronic Arts threw an exclusive media event at the Diamant Hotel Penthouse. The Aria chart-topping rock band Short Stack were on hand to get the Beatlemania in full swing. We managed to wrest the controls away from the real-life rock stars to test the game ourselves: check out the rest of the slideshow for our verdict.
Whether you’re a Sony fanboy or a staunch Xbox loyalist, it can’t be denied that the redesigned, re-priced PlayStation 3 is a pretty big deal. Suddenly, the world’s most prohibitively expensive games console is a whole lot more affordable. The Sony faithful are already rattling their sabres and declaring the console war won – and if last week’s sales are anything to go by, they might actually have a point. One thing’s for sure, if you’re an Xbox 360 owner, the question “should I make the switch?” has never been more prevalent.
Not content to let the past go peacefully, GamePro looks back at a generation of video games that started the first console war, brought arcade games back from the brink, and showed gamers what 3D graphics could do in a cartridge.
This week, Sony's redesigned PlayStation 'Slim' console hit store shelves around the globe with an Australian RRP of $499. In other words, you now have three high-end gaming consoles to choose from -- the PS3 Slim, the Xbox 360 Elite and the original PlayStation 3 (while stocks last).
Need to pick up a last minute Father's Day gift? Or just want to splurge on yourself? Check out some of the great deals we've rounded up.
Official screenshots are released for Sony's upcoming racing simulation game for the PlayStation 3
Once upon a time, playing videogames was as socially acceptable as owning a 12-sided dice. It was something that nerds did in-between Star Trek marathons and zit-popping – at least, that was the popular perception in the playgrounds of the time. To talk incessantly about videogames was to invite wedgie annihilation from all directions. Needless to say, it was a dangerous time to be a gamer.
Screenshots show V8 Supercar models in-game
At an event held in a Sydney Lamborghini showroom today, V8 Supercars Australia announced a partnership that will see eight V8 Supercars appearing in the upcoming Forza Motorsport 3 racing simulation on Xbox 360.
Grab a big-screen TV, a great smartphone, a cheap printer and more!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The Nintendo Switch is a radical mash-up of consoles and gaming handhelds
- Tobii's new eye tracker adds head tracking with an emphasis on PC games
- Halo Wars 2 hands-on preview: Blitz mode's thrilling twists could trigger an RTS revival
- The Xbox One's first email app is here, and it's not Outlook
- This week in games: Tyranny snags a release date, polygonal Lara Croft returns
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCData ScientistVIC
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161017/ITA/742Asia
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW