Star Wars is the most prolific franchise in gaming history. Its games -- 88 if you include each expansion and arcade game -- appear on every console and home computer and reach into every genre, from arcade shooter to strategy games.
From jumper cards to hard disks, these are the cards, cartridges, and drives that have shaped the world of gaming.
Gamers will dress as zombies to raise awareness about the lack of an R18+ rating for video games in Australia
Soccer -- or 'kickey', to give it its proper name -- is generally considered to be the most popular sport in the world. They’re completely bananas for football in Europe, Africa, South America, Asia, and pretty much anywhere there are people with legs.
At the Wednesday night launch of UFC Undisputed 2010 in Martin Place Bar, Sydney, guests were treated to cocktails and eye candy as promo girls floated around the venue. PlayStation 3s were set up so attendees could get a first-hand experience of the game and show off their virtual mixed martial arts skills. There were also live demonstrations of the moves used in UFC 2010: Two fighters sparred with plenty of punches, kicks and tackles.
With days and nights getting colder, why not pick up some gadgets to help you battle through the winter.
In the midst World Cup fever, Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has just announced the 2011 version of the popular Pro Evolution Soccer franchise.
Yesterday, Capcom released new information about its hotly anticipated fighting game; Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds. Confirmed characters on the Capcom roster include Leon Kennedy (of Resident Evil fame), Mia Fey (from Phoenix Wright), Felicia (Darksiders), Ryu and – bizarrely – Gene from God Hand. On the Marvel side, we have Captain America, Wolverine (well duh), Iron Man, Deadpool and the Incredible Hulk; to name but a few.
If you're a die-hard Modern Warfare fan, you've probably seen 'Frozen Crossing' by now -- the MW2-inspired live-action short that was made for just $210. (Pretty impressive, eh?) In honour of Corridor Digital's sterling work, we've assembled a slideshow of the most cinematic and creative shots in the movie: something that a quick viewing on YouTube fails to convey.
We round up the best tech bargains of the week, including a Samsung smartphone that records HD video, a Sharp television that doubles as a Blu-ray player and a massive Harvey Norman sale!
It's a normal process -- video game characters are constantly changing. From Mario to Marcus Fenix, characters always undergo visual facelifts in order to "update" the series' look. But good taste is not always used when these changes are made.
We all lap up celebrity scandals blissfully, exhilarated by the unfortunate plights of the rich and famous (Lara Bingle, we're looking at you). But watching a scandal unfold in the gaming world is akin to watching puppies being drowned. It’s no fun at all.
Last weekend, Australia's first gaming bar, Mana Bar, opened its doors to a gaggle of gamers, cosplayers and gawkers.
Like most multiplayer action/RPGs, Mytheon is filled to the gills with all manner of slavering beasties and mythological warriors looking for some smack-down. Drawing from ancient Greek mythology as well as its own unique brand of folklore, the game will provide a menagerie of monsters, demons and demi-gods with which to test your mettle. Here is a small selection of the foes that shall cross your path...
Come pay your respects, ladies and gents: it's the <b>Xbox 360 RROD coffin</b>! Created by Aussie designer Alexis Vanamois, the Xbox 360 ROD coffin does exactly what it says on the tin. It's the ultimate final resting place for 'bricked' Xbox 360 consoles; it even has a cavity for your controller!<br><br> Alexis was kind enough to send us through the first-ever prototype, which we duly photographed for this slideshow. (Don't worry kids; the Xbox 360 in the pictures is only 'playing' dead).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- This week in games: Blizzard ditches Battle.net, Gears of War 4 adds PC split-screen
- Forza Horizon 3 (PC) review impressions: Get ready to make your graphics card sweat
- How Xbox Project Scorpio and the PS4 Pro can play 4K games: Visual compromises
- Games yanked from Steam after developer sues users for nasty negative reviews
- BioShock Remastered's brand new PC port is just as bad as the old one
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW