We saw an innumerable amount of video games at E3 2010, which either blew our minds (Portal 2!) or induced involuntary yawning (anyone for Battle Chess?). Among the variety of games showcased, we couldn’t help but notice some of them might be greeted with a big fat ‘banned’ label when trying to enter Australia.
Games - Slideshows
Microsoft took the wraps off Kinect (nee Project Natal) at E3 2010, promising an experience that will "bring living rooms to life in a social and accessible way."
The unusual mash-up of anime and Disney in Square Enix's action role-playing title, Kingdom Hearts, has been acclaimed since its initial PS2 release. Following a string of successful sequels, the series is now coming to the PlayStation Portable in prequel form. We've got the latest screens of the game in action.
Australian overclocking fanatics crowded into Kingpin Bowling at Darling Harbour, Sydney, to watch master overclockers push their hardware to the limit. Winners in the air-cooling and liquid cooling categories will earn the right to represent Australia in the Asia-Pacific regional finals in Indonesia in June.
Star Wars is the most prolific franchise in gaming history. Its games -- 88 if you include each expansion and arcade game -- appear on every console and home computer and reach into every genre, from arcade shooter to strategy games.
From jumper cards to hard disks, these are the cards, cartridges, and drives that have shaped the world of gaming.
Gamers will dress as zombies to raise awareness about the lack of an R18+ rating for video games in Australia
Soccer -- or 'kickey', to give it its proper name -- is generally considered to be the most popular sport in the world. They’re completely bananas for football in Europe, Africa, South America, Asia, and pretty much anywhere there are people with legs.
At the Wednesday night launch of UFC Undisputed 2010 in Martin Place Bar, Sydney, guests were treated to cocktails and eye candy as promo girls floated around the venue. PlayStation 3s were set up so attendees could get a first-hand experience of the game and show off their virtual mixed martial arts skills. There were also live demonstrations of the moves used in UFC 2010: Two fighters sparred with plenty of punches, kicks and tackles.
With days and nights getting colder, why not pick up some gadgets to help you battle through the winter.
In the midst World Cup fever, Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has just announced the 2011 version of the popular Pro Evolution Soccer franchise.
Yesterday, Capcom released new information about its hotly anticipated fighting game; Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds. Confirmed characters on the Capcom roster include Leon Kennedy (of Resident Evil fame), Mia Fey (from Phoenix Wright), Felicia (Darksiders), Ryu and – bizarrely – Gene from God Hand. On the Marvel side, we have Captain America, Wolverine (well duh), Iron Man, Deadpool and the Incredible Hulk; to name but a few.
If you're a die-hard Modern Warfare fan, you've probably seen 'Frozen Crossing' by now -- the MW2-inspired live-action short that was made for just $210. (Pretty impressive, eh?) In honour of Corridor Digital's sterling work, we've assembled a slideshow of the most cinematic and creative shots in the movie: something that a quick viewing on YouTube fails to convey.
We round up the best tech bargains of the week, including a Samsung smartphone that records HD video, a Sharp television that doubles as a Blu-ray player and a massive Harvey Norman sale!
It's a normal process -- video game characters are constantly changing. From Mario to Marcus Fenix, characters always undergo visual facelifts in order to "update" the series' look. But good taste is not always used when these changes are made.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- You can download Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes for iOS and Android today
- Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes looks sharp, but will it survive the freemium transition?
- Nintendo's bringing Super Mario Run to Android in March, but Fire Emblem's coming first
- The Switch is a mix of Nintendo's past consoles
- Dead Rising 4 impressions: 'Tis the season to BBQ zombies with your flaming sword
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- FTMonitoring Tools Support l NimSoft , SMARTS, ehealth, TivoliNSW
- FTSenior .Net Developer with Silverlight proficiencyVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectWA
- FTApplications DeveloperACT
- CCIntegration DeveloperNSW
- CCADABAS Natural DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- CCDeployment EngineerSA
- CCMidrange ProvisioningNSW
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPICT Contracts Compliance ManagerWA
- CCApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- CCLevel 2 IT Service DeskQLD
- FTProject / Implementation Coordinator (Junior-Mid Level) Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- FTPerformance TesterACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSME in Openstack, AWSNSW
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)QLD
- TPe-Learning Developer (Captivate 8)VIC