In no particular order, here are 10 reasons why the PSN trumps Xbox Live. In your hearts, you know this to be true.
Games - Slideshows
Hundreds of die-hard Halo fans lined up in Sydney last night for the official midnight launch of Halo Reach. The event was held at EB Games' Westpoint Blacktown branch, which had received the highest number of Halo Reach pre-orders in the country. Attendees were treated to free pizzas and photos with Master Chief himself. Check out the rest of the slideshow for all the photos from the event.
On the weekend, we headed down to Sydney for the 8th Animania Festival 2010; Australia's largest Japanese pop culture event.
Last night, the Australian gaming press were treated to a lavish PlayStation Move party at Waterloo, Sydney. Games at the event included Time Crisis: Raising Storm, Kung-Fu Rider, Sports Champions and the RTS game R.U.S.E. Some non-Move PS3 games also made an appearance, including Gran Turismo 5 in 3D.
The IT giant demonstrated some of its the upcoming products.
"…If you gaze into an abyss long enough, the abyss gazes also into you." -- Friedrich Nietzsche.
Last week, we paid tribute to the most [[artnid:355295|underrated games of this generation]] (i.e. stuff you should have bought, but didn’t). Now it's time for the evil twin version. If you missed out on some of the overlooked gems from our previous article, it was probably because of these games. While none of them are explicitly bad, they were all relentlessly over-hyped by games journalists and fanboys alike (seriously, even real life isn't worth 100%, so why award it to a game?).
The current generation of consoles has harvested a bumper crop of incredible games. From the cultural phenomenon of Grand Theft Auto IV to the cinematic luxury of the latest Metal Gear Solid, the number of high-profile releases has truly been staggering. It's therefore unsurprising that many worthy games have slipped through the cracks.
Popular British video game developer and publisher Eidos Interactive has just celebrated its twentieth anniversary. So for you, our loyal readers and part-time Eidos combatants, we commemorate the 20-year milestone by taking you through the history of Eidos Interactive via some of its greatest highs and lows.
As you've no doubt heard by now, brawling maestros Capcom and Namco are teaming up with two new fighting titles: Street Fighter vs. Tekken and Tekken vs. Street Fighter. If you're anything like us, you've probably dreamed up an assortment of fan-pleasing face-offs.
Bad cosplay is like watching a bug eat another bug’s face off – no matter how much it disgusts you, you can't bring yourself look away.
When it comes to game controllers, there’s a fine line between clever and stupid. For every good step forward in controller design, there are a dozen dead ends. Some devices may work very well, but are destined for the dustbin anyway. This slideshow is dedicated to those oddball controllers that set out earn our amazement but only aroused our amusement, instead.
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days continues the gritty adventures of Adam 'Kane' Marcus and James Seth Lynch; two hardened criminals looking to make one final big score.
One of the biggest announcements of E3 2010 was the triumphant return of the critically acclaimed Golden Eye 007 for Nintendo Wii.
I ventured to the US to fulfil my lifelong dream as a gamer.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Citizen dumps DirectX 12 plans to focus on Vulkan-powered graphics
- Dungeons and Dragons ditches pen and paper with D&D Beyond
- Exclusive no more: PlayStation 4 games are coming to the PC via PlayStation Now
- Adding video apps like Netflix to the Nintendo Switch is a waste of Nintendo's energy
- You can download Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes for iOS and Android today
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCFull-stack Software EngineerNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperVIC
- CCChange & Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCPerformance AnalystQLD
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperQLD
- FTCCTV Sales & SupportNSW
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- TPMedia AssistantNSW
- FTAgile Test AnalystQLD
- FTTest Advert Software EngineerSA
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT roleNSW
- FTSenior IT Business AnalystNSW
- FTArcFM/Gis Lead DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthQLD
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - ForecastingNSW
- FTFinancials ConsultantQLD
- FTSnr Salesforce Technical Consultant/Architect Global IT Company - SydneyNSW
- TPSenior Node.JS DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Change - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTStorage Engineer (HDS)NSW
- FTData ArchitectNSW
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC