"…If you gaze into an abyss long enough, the abyss gazes also into you." -- Friedrich Nietzsche.
Last week, we paid tribute to the most [[artnid:355295|underrated games of this generation]] (i.e. stuff you should have bought, but didn’t). Now it's time for the evil twin version. If you missed out on some of the overlooked gems from our previous article, it was probably because of these games. While none of them are explicitly bad, they were all relentlessly over-hyped by games journalists and fanboys alike (seriously, even real life isn't worth 100%, so why award it to a game?).
The current generation of consoles has harvested a bumper crop of incredible games. From the cultural phenomenon of Grand Theft Auto IV to the cinematic luxury of the latest Metal Gear Solid, the number of high-profile releases has truly been staggering. It's therefore unsurprising that many worthy games have slipped through the cracks.
Popular British video game developer and publisher Eidos Interactive has just celebrated its twentieth anniversary. So for you, our loyal readers and part-time Eidos combatants, we commemorate the 20-year milestone by taking you through the history of Eidos Interactive via some of its greatest highs and lows.
As you've no doubt heard by now, brawling maestros Capcom and Namco are teaming up with two new fighting titles: Street Fighter vs. Tekken and Tekken vs. Street Fighter. If you're anything like us, you've probably dreamed up an assortment of fan-pleasing face-offs.
Bad cosplay is like watching a bug eat another bug’s face off – no matter how much it disgusts you, you can't bring yourself look away.
When it comes to game controllers, there’s a fine line between clever and stupid. For every good step forward in controller design, there are a dozen dead ends. Some devices may work very well, but are destined for the dustbin anyway. This slideshow is dedicated to those oddball controllers that set out earn our amazement but only aroused our amusement, instead.
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days continues the gritty adventures of Adam 'Kane' Marcus and James Seth Lynch; two hardened criminals looking to make one final big score.
One of the biggest announcements of E3 2010 was the triumphant return of the critically acclaimed Golden Eye 007 for Nintendo Wii.
I ventured to the US to fulfil my lifelong dream as a gamer.
What would E3 be without a bit of eye candy?
We saw an innumerable amount of video games at E3 2010, which either blew our minds (Portal 2!) or induced involuntary yawning (anyone for Battle Chess?). Among the variety of games showcased, we couldn’t help but notice some of them might be greeted with a big fat ‘banned’ label when trying to enter Australia.
Microsoft took the wraps off Kinect (nee Project Natal) at E3 2010, promising an experience that will "bring living rooms to life in a social and accessible way."
The unusual mash-up of anime and Disney in Square Enix's action role-playing title, Kingdom Hearts, has been acclaimed since its initial PS2 release. Following a string of successful sequels, the series is now coming to the PlayStation Portable in prequel form. We've got the latest screens of the game in action.
Australian overclocking fanatics crowded into Kingpin Bowling at Darling Harbour, Sydney, to watch master overclockers push their hardware to the limit. Winners in the air-cooling and liquid cooling categories will earn the right to represent Australia in the Asia-Pacific regional finals in Indonesia in June.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Film Victoria backs women in gaming with new fellowships
- Nintendo kicks off 2016 with new Zelda release and new 3DS
- Expensive gaming desktops and laptops thrive in slumping PC market
- The PS4 is the fastest selling console in Sony’s history
- Assassin's Creed Syndicate PC review impressions: This gorgeous, mostly smooth game is no Unity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW