After languishing in suspended animation, the Alien franchise is back to terrify a whole new generation of gamers. The latest title to star H.R Giger's creepy xenomorphs is shaping up to be the best FPS adaptation yet. Slated for release on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC, the game will take its inspiration from James Cameron's action-packed sequel to the original 1986 movie. For all the latest screenshots, prime your shotgun and check out the following slideshow.
Nothing wrong with quality game sequels, but for those in search of the road less traveled, this list is for you.
Dracula: Origin is the new adventure game developed by Frogwares. The game, set to be released in Australia in 2008, gives players the opportunity to take on the role of Professor Van Helsing and chase Dracula. Dracula is on a quest for a mysterious manuscript that will give him the power to raise the dead. Check out the latest screenshots of the bloodthirsty thriller! The adventure will take you to London, Egypt, Austria and, of course, Transylvania—the vampire's famous home country.
They're back to save the world! The hit 1980s comedy about a troupe of paranormal exterminators is about to get the first-person shooter treatment, with the original cast returning to lend their voices to the game. Details are currently a bit thin on the ground, but it would appear that the game will pay homage to many of the famous scenes in the film. Ghostbusters: The Game is slated for release on all major formats, and is scheduled to hit stores by the end of the year. For a look at the latest screenshots (and some choice Ghostbusters quotes!) check out the following slideshow.
Gamers, put your dukes up! Everyone's favourite old school beat 'em up is preparing to make a Rocky-style comeback in the arcades across the globe
A completely interactive game featuring unlimited possibilities for user-created content, Sony Computer Entertainments' LittleBigPlanet is set to become one of the most anticipated launches in 2008. Check out a snippet of some of the latest screen shots!
The 'survival horror' genre owes quite a lot to the Alien films, so it was only a matter of time before one was set in the vast emptiness of space. In Dead Space, players step into the role of engineer Isaac Clarke – an ordinary man on a seemingly routine mission to fix the communications systems aboard a deep space mining ship (sound familiar?). It turns out that an alien infestation has run amok on the space craft and Isaac must use every survival instinct he knows to stay alive. For a peek at the game's foreboding vistas and unworldly foes, check out the following slideshow.
The epic struggle between the spirit sword, Soul Calibur, and the cursed sword, Soul Edge, continues with this ongoing story.
The highly anticipated sequel to the long-running RTS game is nearly upon us
Star Wars: Force Unleashed is more than just a video game; it's another chapter in the epic tale.
The quintessential fantasy-flavoured brawler from the 1980s is back! Golden Axe: Beast Riders is a fresh take on the popular hack n' slash action RPG, designed exclusively for next-gen consoles.
Ninja Gaiden 2 makes its debut on the Xbox 360 later this year.
If you're an RPG fan, then chances are high that you've been awaiting Final Fantasy XIII with bated breath. The genre-leading series is set to make its debut on the PlayStation 3 this year.
Sony has announced that MotorStorm 2 will feature monster trucks, 16-player online capabilities and much more.
2K Games has promised that Mafia 2 will deliver Hollywood movie-style action and game play.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Review - Total War: Warhammer
- Total War: Warhammer DirectX 12 performance preview: Radeon reigns supreme
- Microsoft brings Halo 5's map editor to Windows 10 for free, but stays quiet about Halo 5
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC