Chalk another one up for Nintendo. Critics who scoffed at the Balance Board when it made its first appearance are now eating crow as Wii Fit sells in the millions and reviews coming from all corners praise the intuitiveness of Nintendo's latest innovative accessory. The sceptics did have reason to be wary, though, as many a company put their hopes in gamers' feet and failed spectacularly. Here are the 7 worst Foot-based controllers that are currently collecting dust in the attics of gamers worldwide.
Games - Slideshows
Ninja Gaiden II is the latest game in the revived Japanese video game series. Gamers once again play Ryu Hayabusa, a master ninja on a mission to save the human race from destruction. The game will feature locations ranging from the Hayabusa village, to New York, to Tokyo. As the game progresses, players will be able to elevate their skill level and perform new combat and acrobatic tricks. Developed by Team Ninja and Microsoft Game Studios, Ninja Gaiden II is scheduled for release on Xbox 360 on June 3
It's billed as a showcase title for NVIDIA, so does Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures live up to expectations?
SouthPeak Interactive's Pool Party involved players using the Nintendo Wii's controller as a pool cue as they tried their hands at "hustlin' pros in dive bars, honky-tonks, mansions and even yachts". Now the game is scheduled for re-release in June 2008, with a "Wonder Stick" attachment included as a package.
The PC version of Mass Effect is due to hit stores in the next few weeks. If you've been holding out for this definitive version, the wait is finally almost over. Check out the following slideshow for all the latest screenshots.
The FPS Gaming Vest allows you to feel every punch, kick and bullet wound sustained by your character in real time -- precisely where it happens! For a look at the vest and how it works, check out the following slideshow.
It's Lego! It's Batman! It's Lego Batman: The Videogame! Following in the footsteps of Lego Star Wars and Lego Indiana Jones, this latest addition to the franchise is set to give the caped crusader the same blocky treatment. Check out this slideshow for the latest
Starcraft II, the highly anticipated sequel to the much-loved RTS, is nearly upon us. Players can expect a host of new features, including new units and gameplay mechanics for each playable race (Protoss, Terrans and Zerg), a completely overhauled 3D-graphics engine, increased army sizes for bigger battles, built-in map-making and scripting tools, plus a story driven single-player campaign. For an inside look at all the latest concept art and in-game screenshots, check out the following slideshow.
ObsCure II is a survival horror game being released at the end of May for PlayStation 2, Wii and PC.
Buzz! Quiz TV is the seventh instalment in the Buzz! series of quiz videogames, and it's the first to hit the PlayStation 3. The jump from PlayStation 2 to the latest Sony console will see the quiz show in HD resolution, with updated graphics, wireless buzzers and a completely new question pack. The game will also introduce the ability for users to create their own question packs, which can be rated by other users online. Buzz! Quiz TV is expected on the PlayStation 3 in July.
Based on the world and characters from the popular online comic Penny Arcade, this adventure game has been released for the XBox 360 with a demo available for the PC version. The game will only be offered as a digital download, with further episodes released periodically throughout the next year. Check out the slideshow for a look at some gameplay!
The popular Dragon Ball Z franchise is now coming to a next generation console near you! Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit is in development for Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3 consoles.
Ubisoft leaps back into the Prince of Persia franchise with Prince of Persia: Prodigy.
After staring in a Hollywood movie series, Jason Bourne is coming to a games console near you!
Too Human, the latest Xbox 360 game from Microsoft Game Studios, delves into an alternate reality steeped in Norse mythology.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- This week in games: Free Titanfall 2 weekend, Star Wars Battlefront meets Rogue One
- Every new game revealed at The Game Awards 2016, from Guardians of the Galaxy to Zelda
- Watch Dogs 2 PC impressions: A smooth-running romp through meme-filled San Francisco
- Hearthstone fans now have a dedicated Skype chat room to challenge its best players
- You'll be able to stream Xbox One games on the Oculus Rift in December
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Automation TesterSA
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - InformationQLD
- CCSAP HR & Payroll Project ManagerACT
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- TPApplications Project ManagerQLD
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- FTOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACWA
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraVIC
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperSA
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Project EngineerNSW
- CCWeb Developer - WordpressNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCInfrastructure Team LeadACT
- FTSolution DesignerVIC
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)VIC